Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Life Aboard a Boat > Liveaboard's Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-04-2016, 10:10   #136

Re: Dating, Relationships livingaboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by atoll View Post
I see uncle sams purinatism is indeilably etched on your brain,i bet you cried when Lassie died..........

even feral chicks need loving too,they just need a bit of taming first,and once you remove all the piercings,in the dark they are all the same........

why settle for macdonalds stereotype,when there is plenty of churasco spicy barbeque out there
'Cause 50 years of political correctness, and laws and rules which go with that, have bred out the "Hemingway" type of a man and replaced him with "Richard Simmons" type.
Island Time O25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2016, 10:25   #137

Boat: Rafiki 37

Haha all this political correctness am I right guys? Not like the good old days when you could clip your wife 'round the side of the head cos she was a bit slow with your sandwich

Also Richard Simmons is a terrible example of the (terrible) point you were trying to make, dude had an extremely rough childhood and early life which he managed to overcome and make a success of himself. Now that's bravery!
Old 20-04-2016, 10:33   #138
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 63 custom alloy sloop,macwester26,prout snowgoose 37 elite catamaran!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alctel View Post
Haha all this political correctness am I right guys? Not like the good old days when you could beat your wife cos she was a bit slow with your sandwich

Also Richard Simmons is a terrible example of the (terrible) point you were trying to make, dude had an extremely rough childhood and early life which he managed to overcome and make a success of himself. Now that's bravery!
ask any African married man,and they will tell you that beating your wife/wives is recommended for a healthy marriage...you westeners really do have some funny ideas when it comes to women

and yes it is true what they say about African men.....we are better lovers
atoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2016, 10:34   #139

Quote:
Haha all this political correctness am I right guys? Not like the good old days when you could clip your wife 'round the side of the head cos she was a bit slow with your sandwich

If that's how you remember your childhood I'm truly sorry for you.
Old 20-04-2016, 10:41   #140
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Island Packet 38

Like I said it has been a long time since I was shopping, but I think I still remember how

I think Rich's (Third day) parody was actually pretty close to spot on.

Same parody, but look at it this way, Hero picks up date in rented car and takes her to a nice restaurant, then drives to the posh Marina where it's now dark, but his "Yacht" is in a slip and he asks her to come aboard for a drink, where the TV is on and the AC running and he gets a chilled bottle of wine out of the fridge and maybe mentions next time they need to anchor out by the island where there are no other people and watch the sunset or maybe go on a Moonlit sail. How it's so nice to silently move along in peace and quiet and maybe the Dolphins will come play by the bow and how the Phosphorescence lights everything up.

What girl would think that is not a wonderful date?
a64pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2016, 10:42   #141
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Island Packet 38

Quote:
ask any African married man,and they will tell you that beating your wife/wives is recommended for a healthy marriage...you westeners really do have some funny ideas when it comes to women

Rule of thumb?
a64pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2016, 10:43   #142

Quote:

and yes it is true what they say about African men.....we are better lovers
Each culture/society has it's own definition of what a proper relationship/marriage should be. Don't think we should be judging other cultures' norms from own POV or forcing our ideas upon them. I sure would not want MY relationships to be judged by some fundamental Muslim's idea of what a proper relationship should be.

PS This Western version of "universal human rights" idea is a myth perpetrated by the West to justify it's cultural and military aggression in the world. Our society for example does not value certain things which are viewed as "inherent and fundamental human rights" in other countries - such as a right to shelter, right to earn a living wage, right to access medical care, etc. Does this difference in POV give other countries the right to come here and pontificate about our "lack of human rights"?
Old 20-04-2016, 10:48   #143
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 63 custom alloy sloop,macwester26,prout snowgoose 37 elite catamaran!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Time O25 View Post
Each culture/society has it's own definition of what a proper relationship/marriage should be. Don't think we should be judging other cultures' norms from own POV or forcing our ideas upon them. I sure would not want MY relationships to be judged by some fundamental Muslim's idea of what a proper relationship should be.

PS This Western version of "universal human rights" idea is a myth perpetrated by the West to justify it's cultural and military aggression in the world. Our society for example does not value certain things which are viewed as "inherent and fundamental human rights" in other countries - such as a right to shelter, right to earn a living wage, right to access medical care, etc. Does this difference in POV give other countries the right to come here and pontificate about our "lack of human rights"?

I guess they don't call it the "Missionary Position",for nothing
atoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2016, 11:02   #144

Quote:
I guess they don't call it the "Missionary Position",for nothing
Speaking of which. I recall doing a research paper for an advanced American Colonial History class back in college in the 80s. The subject I picked was "illegitimate births among the Pilgrims/Puritans in the 17th c". Turns out the number was something like 25-30% of ALL recorded births. Now that's some mighty missionary activity if you ask me.
Old 20-04-2016, 11:23   #145

Boat: Pearson 365 Sloop and 9' Fatty Knees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a64pilot View Post
Like I said it has been a long time since I was shopping, but I think I still remember how

I think Rich's (Third day) parody was actually pretty close to spot on.

Same parody, but look at it this way, Hero picks up date in rented car and takes her to a nice restaurant, then drives to the posh Marina where it's now dark, but his "Yacht" is in a slip and he asks her to come aboard for a drink, where the TV is on and the AC running and he gets a chilled bottle of wine out of the fridge and maybe mentions next time they need to anchor out by the island where there are no other people and watch the sunset or maybe go on a Moonlit sail. How it's so nice to silently move along in peace and quiet and maybe the Dolphins will come play by the bow and how the Phosphorescence lights everything up.

What girl would think that is not a wonderful date?
Dreamer!
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"
Celestialsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2016, 11:38   #146

Boat: Catalina 387

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap Erict3 View Post
I think those fellas are bearded.
Except for Frank Beard, the drummer.
jeepbluetj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2016, 11:45   #147

Boat: PSC Orion 27

Quote:
Lorena Bobbitt was a little slow with the sandwich one day.......
goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2016, 11:58   #148

Boat: 78 Pearson323 Four Winds

Quote:
Originally Posted by goat View Post
Lorena Bobbitt was a little slow with the sandwich one day.......

I think he wanted a hot dog, but she was out of weiners.
Old 20-04-2016, 12:07   #149

Boat: Camano Troll

I have dock neighbor who has been boating all his life in the same area (Charleston, SC). He is in his 50s. The remains of a bridge are shown on the local charts but there's no evidence of it. I asked him about it once and he said before they got rid of it he used to take women out (in his boat) in the area and tell them "Put out or get out." That works even better in a boat than in a car.

Oh, you were looking for a serious answer?

Yes, living on a boat might reduce your chances of a relationship with a woman. Are you fairly well off financially with a secure income or a bum living off the land (water in this case)? Do you have a nice, fairly new boat with amenities and plenty of room or is this boat a $1,000 "find" that you plan on fixing up some day?

Few women (few people actually) want to intentionally set themselves up for a lifetime of poverty.

Best of luck finding someone.
Old 20-04-2016, 12:21   #150
vjm

YAY, sexual assault jokes! Gosh those are ALWAYS a laugh riot. Even the 10000000000000000000000000 time they have been made.
vjm is offline   Reply With Quote