Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Life Aboard a Boat > Liveaboard's Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-04-2016, 05:30   #121

Boat: Catalina 470
Re: Dating, Relationships livingaboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann T. Cate View Post
daletournier,

From your time with the Tibetan monk, did you get the impression he was somehow out of balance because of sublimating his sexual urges?

It's really sort of not fair to bring in cross cultural concepts into this discussion; She31saailor is a current Yank. If you're interested, PM me, and I can give you some references you might enjoy. The training for monkhood that is started very young includes some concepts I cannot get my head around, but yet, seem to be great recipes for mental health.

Ann
Hey Ann, I wasn't particularly serious when I bought the monk up. As calm and tranquil as he was he was completely out of touch with our world. He didn't have to support himself, shop for himself , drive for himself etc.. everything was completely done for him, his sole role in life was to teach and meditate. Keep in mind he was a full blood geshla Tibetan monk, not an Australian one on social security, they were there to. Btw I wasn't a Buddhist, unusual circumstances had me living there, the students assumed I had great karma...lol.

Sent from my vivo Y35 using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
daletournier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2016, 05:56   #122
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Dating, Relationships livingaboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by daletournier View Post
Sorry I disagree, I have met a number of attractive women that like sailing.

Sent from my vivo Y35 using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Your problem mate.. but then I consider female Latino's to be women.. don't knock it till you've tried it..
Anyway.. I was addressing the OP.. however if you'd care to break out the violins and sing your tale of woe and heartache I'll happily don the 'Thinking Cap'..!!

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
boatman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2016, 06:09   #123
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsta_Rebel View Post

To Boatman51 or 61? .. Some of us are even fortunate enough to meet a beautiful petite Latina who even though knows nothing about sailing or even how to swim, takes to "Boat Life" like a fish to water even learning to sail and even becoming a force to be reckoned with while racing her IC 24. ( I can hear her yelling at the other racers in Spanish even now as she jockeys for position)

Always and Forever,
Jsta_Rebel
Preaching to the Believer here pal.. why do you think I suggested Latino's..
When the Brit, US, and other women squeal and panic over their hair and nails, or the effect of salt water on the 'Beach Make-Up'.. the Latino woman will be leaping up and down screaming "Venga..!! VENGA...!!! " as the 'Banana' approaches 20knots..

Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
Old 20-04-2016, 06:20   #124
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Island Packet 38

I haven't had to shop around for a long time, but i can tell you boat is not the issue.
Go down to S Fl and look at the Mega Yachts, usually always a Retired age gent with a couple of very attractive females his Daughters age hanging on his arm.
Hey, they are beautiful, nubile etc, just what you said you wanted. They don't seem to mind being on a boat

Issue is and I am not talking about any one person here, but Men as a whole. Most Women don't want a Bum, now I can tell you many Bums are initially attractive to middle aged married Women as they embody everything that they wish their Husbands were, laid back, easy going, not in a hurry, they take time and pay attention to Her, but that doesn't last as they soon tire of the guy who they figure out real soon is worth nothing, does nothing but lay around, always dreams and talks big, but never starts. Real soon she figures out if she is to stay with this Guy, then she will lose everything she has as she will be supporting them both, a few may even try to rehabilitate the Bum if he has an exceptional personality and she is in love with him, but that only works on TV

You want a smart, attractive, intelligent, well dressed, active Lady?

Then you have to be smart, intelligent, well dressed, active, clean, well mannered "Go Getter", that is clean shaven, well dressed, hair cut, smells good as somebody else said dress like Sonny Crocket Boat is kept immaculate and clean for when you take her back to it.
Don't lie, but let them think your just took a Sabbatical and are cruising for awhile, you live somewhere else, you weren't born on the boat I assume?

Now what will not work for you is if your in ragged clothes, haven't showered in a day or two, your boat's covered in bird poo and hasn't moved in months so you paddle ashore in your old Jon boat, "freshen" up a little in the bathroom and try to pick up chicks at the beach bar.

Years ago my Mother told me "soap is cheap"
What she was telling me was there is no shame at all in being poor, but there is never an excuse for being dirty, soap's cheap.
a64pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2016, 07:10   #125
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by a64pilot View Post
I haven't had to shop around for a long time, but i can tell you boat is not the issue.
Go down to S Fl and look at the Mega Yachts, usually always a Retired age gent with a couple of very attractive females his Daughters age hanging on his arm.
Hey, they are beautiful, nubile etc, just what you said you wanted. They don't seem to mind being on a boat

3 Realtor's working a successful 'Time Share' scheme..

Issue is and I am not talking about any one person here, but Men as a whole. Most Women don't want a Bum, now I can tell you many Bums are initially attractive to middle aged married Women as they embody everything that they wish their Husbands were, laid back, easy going, not in a hurry, they take time and pay attention to Her, but that doesn't last as they soon tire of the guy who they figure out real soon is worth nothing, does nothing but lay around, always dreams and talks big, but never starts. Real soon she figures out if she is to stay with this Guy, then she will lose everything she has as she will be supporting them both, a few may even try to rehabilitate the Bum if he has an exceptional personality and she is in love with him, but that only works on TV

That's the whole idea mate.. walk as soon as they take Breakfast in Bed for granted..
Married women should stay married.. have you seen the wrecks they're married too..

Only if there's chemistry.. and she is not a compulsive talker..

Then you have to be smart, intelligent, well dressed, active, clean, well mannered "Go Getter", that is clean shaven, well dressed, hair cut, smells good as somebody else said dress like Sonny Crocket Boat is kept immaculate and clean for when you take her back to it.
Don't lie, but let them think your just took a Sabbatical and are cruising for awhile, you live somewhere else, you weren't born on the boat I assume?

Define 'Go-Getter' please..
The above is 'One Night Stand' tactics.. I was almost waiting for you to recommend the best moment/way to serve the Rohypnol...

Now what will not work for you is if your in ragged clothes, haven't showered in a day or two, your boat's covered in bird poo and hasn't moved in months so you paddle ashore in your old Jon boat, "freshen" up a little in the bathroom and try to pick up chicks at the beach bar.

Fussy Drinker Huh..??

What she was telling me was there is no shame at all in being poor, but there is never an excuse for being dirty, soap's cheap.
No excuse for dirt.. or crumpled clothes.. and lazy is natural when one is satisfied...
Sloth however is a whole different thing

Old 20-04-2016, 07:16   #126

Boat: Pearson 365 Sloop and 9' Fatty Knees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann T. Cate View Post
daletournier,

From your time with the Tibetan monk, did you get the impression he was somehow out of balance because of sublimating his sexual urges?

It's really sort of not fair to bring in cross cultural concepts into this discussion
; She31saailor is a current Yank. If you're interested, PM me, and I can give you some references you might enjoy. The training for monkhood that is started very young includes some concepts I cannot get my head around, but yet, seem to be great recipes for mental health.

Ann
Why not? We can learn from any culture. In the US itself, there are hundreds of sub-cultures brought in from other countries and some adopted by "Yanks".
Check out Vipassana meditation, now adopted by thousands of Americans. The form of meditation taught by the Buddha.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"
Celestialsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2016, 07:37   #127

Boat: Pearson 365 Sloop and 9' Fatty Knees.

Quote:

Don't lie, but let them think your just took a Sabbatical and are cruising for awhile, you live somewhere else, you weren't born on the boat I assume.

Oh...like a military guy because we all know that's what all women are looking for. I agree you should be clean and not smell foul. Boat immaculate? Maybe hose off the bird crap but come on.
If you're trying to "let them think your just took a Sabbatical" then it is a lie, isn't it. Just be who you are and attract that. No sense in trying to be something you're not. If you don't like what you are attracting, then strive to become a higher end of yourself.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"
Celestialsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2016, 07:59   #128

Boat: 1980 Morgan 415

Clean shirt, new shoes
And I don't know where I am goin' to.
Silk suit, black tie,
I don't need a reason why.
They come runnin' just as fast as they can
Cause every girl crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man.
Gold watch, diamond ring,
I ain't missin' not a single thing.
And cufflinks, stick pin,
When I step out I'm gonna do you in.
'Cause every girl crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man.
Top coat, top hat,
And I don't worry coz my wallet's fat.
Black shades, white gloves,
Lookin' sharp lookin' for love.
'Cause every girl crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Old 20-04-2016, 08:00   #129

Boat: 1980 Morgan 415

I think those fellas are bearded.
Old 20-04-2016, 08:05   #130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockhead View Post
I was also biting my tongue, trying to resist making a comment, but +1 000 000.

People who have such an idea are sailing in the wrong places.

I'll be in Sweden in a few weeks
Can't agree with you more. )))

Island Time O25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2016, 08:55   #131
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 1978 Hudson Force 50 Ketch

So Goes liveaboard Dating:

R: Hi there, my name is Roy and I live on a Yacht.

D: Oy Vey Roy, my name is Debbie and I like guys with money.

R: Well Debbie would you like to come over to my Yacht to watch a sunset.

D: That sounds great, let me get my high heels and cocktail dress from my sister, she borrowed them when her boyfriend took her to Paris last summer.

R: Ah...well...Debbie, you can't wear...(interrupted and cut off).

D: Ok Roy, I gotta run to the Spa for a nail treatment, I will see you at the dock at 7PM Friday night...see you then.

[Flash forward to Friday night, Debbie is waiting on the dock decked out like she is going to the Captain's Ball. Meanwhile our romantic hero Roy is shuffling the liveaboard piles of 1/2 done boat projects and paint thinner and varnish cans around to make things look more orderly. Then off to the Dock he goes in his 1/4 deflated dinghy to pick up his date…]

R: Hi Debbie, you look amazing. I will hold the dinghy for you, so just carefully step in, but please be careful with those high heals, they can pop the dinghy.

D: I thought you lived on a Yacht? Is that your boat a rubber raft?

R: Ha ha ha…no honey. This is just my tender, I keep my boat on a mooring because docks cost way to much money and besides, it's quieter and more romantic out on the mooring ball, so step in.

D: Don't I need a life jacket or something? That rubber fact looks like it is going to sink and why does you motor have no top on it?

R: Oh…I took the cowling off because my pull chord broke, so I have to wrap this piece of polyprop around the pull to start it…but never mind that….come aboard I have dinner on the BBQ for us.

D: Ok, but that looks kinda dangerous to me…whoa…opps…sorry…didn't mean to fall on you like that.

R: no problem, happens to me all the time, now…off we go to my boat.

D: Boat? Don't you have a Yacht?

R: Ya…that is what I said…Yacht…boat…same thing.

[[As the love birds dinghy through the mooring field of blue tarps and Scooby Doo ghost ships, a bird poops on Debbie's arm. We pick up with the couple now as they attempt to board the Yacht…]]

R: Sorry about that sea gull, I will give you a wet wipe to wash it off as soon as we climb aboard. Here, I will hold the dinghy as you climb up.

D: What? This is your Yacht? You actually live on this thing it is safe?

R: Sure, this is a bla bla bla designed classic, built in the famous bla bla boat yard and a sister ship did three solo circumnavigations two west to east and one east to west. This baby is a cruising machine that can take you to hell and back…here let me help you climb aboard. First let’s just leave those high heel shoes in the dinghy.

D: Hey…watch your hands…arump…

R: See that wasn’t too hard, you get used to it after you climb aboard a few times in the rain. So let me show you around. Here is the cockpit and let me shows you down below, I need to use the head now.

D: What did you say you wanted down below…I don’t do that on the first date you are disgusting, take me back to the dock.

R: What…no no no…on a yacht, we call the bathroom a head...ha ha ha…you thought I said…ha ha ha…
HEY…be careful…don’t grab onto that….

D: Ahhh…help…I’m falling into the water…

[[splash]]

R: Debbie, are you ok. I was just about to tell you not to grab onto that hand rail. I haven’t rebedded it in yet and it was loose.

D: Take me back to the dock…this is the worst day of my life. This boat can take you to “hell and back” all right…but it is already in hell. I’m outta here….

R: But Debbie…you forgot your high heels…..

[[In the next installment of "How the Anchorage Turns", Roy get his date past the cockpit, but the trouble begins when she clogs the head!]]
SV THIRD DAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2016, 09:07   #132

Boat: Rafiki 37

As someone else said, in my observations it tends to be that wonderful, beautiful, kind and funny people of either gender tend to attract wonderful, beautiful, kind and funny people.

The people bemoaning the fact there are 'no good men' or 'all women are the same' often need to take a good hard look at themselves.

Whether or not you live on a boat is completely irrelevant.

Of course this is all generalisation and there are exceptions, I hate speaking in absolutes!

edit: I am single, so huge grain of salt etc etc
Old 20-04-2016, 09:09   #133
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 1978 Hudson Force 50 Ketch

Quote:
Originally Posted by alctel View Post
The shallow, grasping, needy people tend to end up with each other and bitter..
Actually I think they wind up running for President...but that's another story.
SV THIRD DAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2016, 09:39   #134

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockhead View Post
I was also biting my tongue, trying to resist making a comment, but +1 000 000.

People who have such an idea are sailing in the wrong places.

I'll be in Sweden in a few weeks
Look, but don't touch and if you can't help yourself....

Run, run, run far, far away
Old 20-04-2016, 09:40   #135
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 63 custom alloy sloop,macwester26,prout snowgoose 37 elite catamaran!

Quote:

I see uncle sams purinatism is indeilably etched on your brain,i bet you cried when Lassie died..........

even feral chicks need loving too,they just need a bit of taming first,and once you remove all the piercings,in the dark they are all the same........

why settle for macdonalds stereotype,when there is plenty of churasco spicy barbeque out there
atoll is offline   Reply With Quote