Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Life Aboard a Boat > Liveaboard's Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-11-2012, 14:00   #1

Boat: Graham Radford 415
Current Marina Situation - Update!

Hey guys!

Some of you might remember me, I posted the following thread a couple of months back about the situation I was in, it was more of a rant at the time but we all had a good yak about marina's we've had to deal with. I made a couple of posts throughout the thread updating everyone as the situation went all.

http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...ons-87907.html

Anyway, I just thought I'd give you all an update!

As mentioned, my husband was stuck working in town and with options for liveaboards limited in Vancouver, we didn't really have anywhere else to go at the time, as much as we wanted to leave the place. Fast forward a little while and my husband has a new job giving us the option to live anywhere on the west coast within close distance to an airport! We're now out of there! We had a call from a wonderful marina on Vancouver Island last Tuesday, and sailed across Georgia Straight over night the same day!

So, the little jerk working at the marina, I think I called him Jim in my old thread, well his name his Tim and he was involved in this - B.C. Skipper Caught With Cocaine Now in a Florida Jail | Vancouver Sun - The boat they were on came from my marina. Anyway, to make a long story short, one day, he smoked pot all morning with my neighbour, then tried moving a 50ft concrete sailboat in the strongest current of the day, just the two of them, with ONE ROPE. Needless to say it didn't end well, and he ran it into my boat. I was doing my dishes when I look out a starboard portlight and see this thing coming towards my boat out of control, no fenders. I ran outside and shouted "Don't you know what a f@ck*ing fender is!?" whilst trying to undo one of mine. He's using his hands and feet up against my boat to keep this concrete mess off of mine. Then the little genius has the bright idea of shouting back at me, "Shut your ****ing mouth" was the first reply.. and then it got worse, telling me to go back inside and then to top it all off.. "I can make your life a living hell if I want to".

Okay, so I'm trying to keep this short and sweet. The police were involved. Maarten, the owner (don't remember what I called him in the first thread), didn't think this was much of a problem, and defended his employee Tim, at one point even saying "Tim is being bullied at the marina". So, whilst that is swimming around in your thoughts, here's a list of things the little coward has done..

• Waits until people go to work/leave to move their boats without permission
  • Walks on board their boat on a daily basis to take whatever he needs/wants and doesn't bother taking it back
  • Moves his boat wherever he wants to, even if it means stealing your spot after you moved for the day as a favour for work to be done.
  • When the boss goes away for a month, he does nothing but smoke pot for three and a half weeks, then rushes around like a kid that hasn't done his chores the last couple of days.
  • Threatens and swears at the marina residents.
  • Managed to half sink a dock which was pulling a boat down with it, did damage to the boat.
  • Keeps all his own junk in the car park making the place look like a trailer park, yet told a resident they couldn't keep a neat, covered stack of wood in the car park through the winter for his fire on board.
  • Unplugged the same resident from the power in the middle of the night and told him to "get his own cable".
  • Verbally assaulted/insulted the guy in front of his own son.
  • Threatened the resident after the resident stood up for me after being threatened. Told the guy he was going to get him kicked out of the marina. (Didn't get kicked out but the guy left anyway).
And that's to name just a few, folks. I'm now living on the island in a REAL marina and couldn't be happier! BUT, I want to warn every boater out there about this place..I've worked out that 12 people have already left this place since he took over, and everyone that's still there wants to get out. The best thing that could happen to these two ******** is for them to have an empty marina.

So, the address is: 23160 South Dyke Road, Richmond, British Columbia, V6V 1E1. If you're familiar with the area, it's roughly 1KM upriver from Shelter Island. It's owned by Maarten Tjebbes and I think he calls the place 'TJ's Marina' although I don't know how official the name is.

I'm sure you can all tell from what I've written here and my previous post that this is not a good place to be. I honestly wouldn't want any decent boater going that place and having to deal with these people. What Tim is allowed to do at that place on a daily basis is DANGEROUS and he is constantly putting people's homes at risk. He is allowed to get away with anything because he is Maartens friend, and clearly, that is more important to him than his business.

If you know anyone looking for moorage in the area, please make sure they stay well away from this place.

Thanks,

Rachel.
CaptainTurtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2012, 14:15   #2

Re: Current Marina Situation - Update!

Thanks for being brave enough to let people know. What a jerk.

Cheechako is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
current