Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-11-2009, 11:07   #1

Boat: Columbia T-26
Cruising Musicians

Ok I searched the forums and did'nt find this one so I'm starting one. Am wondering who's out there cruising and financing themselves on wind and playing gig's at port. Florida, the Carribien and beyond. Have been making a living from music for years just tired of being landlocked... Would be great to get a listing of places to play and contacts to share with other cruisers or even to hook up with some other musicions who are on the water and swap some stories. I have gigged around Barbados, Granada, St.Lucia, and a host of other spots in the Carribien and would be happy to share the info. Just sold my boat and business am heading to Miami to start searching for a larger live-aboard my adventure will begin there... Any advice or support would be greatly appreciated.
IrieSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2009, 11:35   #2

Boat: a sailing boat
Not me. But have a friend who does - gigs in the streets and plazas of places like Cadiz, Las Palmas, Lisboa. If you play well and if you know how to sell to the street public, you will make a decent living with minimum fuss.

b.
barnakiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2009, 18:31   #3

Hi Iriesailor i'd like to contact you about lighthouse pub. is it gone???
shermyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2009, 12:39   #4

The Lighthouse

No no I still own the Pub, and were open for business as usual, few nights ago had a bunch of lads call in who had just raced from Africa to Barbados took em ten Day's... talk about a fast run. They came in second.. after loosing their spinniker. I'm in the mists of negotiating a lease agreement on the bar though maybe an all an out sale. Untill January were Still taking offers, or would trade for a decent kitted out 40ft sloop. Business is good I just miss playing music full time and would like to start doing alot more sailing. The night life is not allways the right life if you catch me drift.
Old 26-11-2009, 12:46   #5

Thanks Barnakiel, aye I did alot of busking when I first started, great way to meet people. Thanks for the info...
Old 26-11-2009, 19:54   #6

Hi Thanks for the reply... i was interested in getting the pub at least getting the details ... i saw an advertisement about it... i'm from jamaica studying here (use to work in media in JA) but my fiance and I wanted to move here and open a business... he loves the food industry ...and then we saw your ad on the net... i went by the other night at 6pm it was closed.. its a cosy spot and i really like it... but how has it been as a foreigner getting into the food buisness in barbados??? and is the gap a good spot??? and what's the position with the pub now... any info would be helpful you can email me at shermy_19_1999@yahoo.com
shermyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
living aboard, music, musicians