Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Life Aboard a Boat > Liveaboard's Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-11-2013, 00:19   #1

Costs of a Berth in the Caribbean

Good morning,
planing to buy a ship in the Caribbean, I would like to get some informations about costs over there. Does anybody know:
1. How much it is for a berth in a port like Pointe-a-Pitre, first in the water and second on the land for the time You don't sail?
2. Do You have a chance to get a place for your ship or is it always booked out?
3. How much are the daily fees for a sailboat with about 10-11 meters for guests for one night over there?
Thanks for anybodies answer.
Christiane
Christiane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2013, 03:57   #2
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Re: costs of a berth in the Caribean

Ask:
Marina Bas-du-Fort, Pointe-à-Pitre, Guadeloupe
Accueil - Marina Bas-du-Fort & Shipyard - Guadeloupe

See also ➥ Pointe-a-Pitre — Noonsite

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2013, 04:41   #3

Boat: Jeanneau 57
Re: costs of a berth in the Caribean

I don't stay at many marinas, but did stay at the Pointe-a-Pitre marina in Guadeloupe for several days, both before and after having guests aboard. It is a pretty nice marina and the prices were quite good as well. Water and Electricity is included, and other marinas often charge extra for those items in addition to the per-night charge. I got a 10-day ticket discount which I believe is the equivalent of paying for 7 nights.... you get 3 nights free and the tickets are valid a year.

The BVI is much more expensive, dockage starts at $1 per foot per night plus about $25 for electricity and water. St. Martin docks are somewhat cheaper.

The docks usually have space for transient boats, except at the height of the season during vacation days/weekends.

I keep my boat at Nanny Cay in the BVI during the hurricane season, hauled out on land and screwed down; but it is still in the "hurricane zone" so there is a certain amount risk involved. South of the belt, in Grenada or Trinidad or other points further south, the storage costs are a lot less and there is no danger of a wayward hurricane hitting.
Old 27-11-2013, 04:18   #4

Boat: Lagoon 410, 41 ft
Re: Costs of a Berth in the Caribbean

I'm at Grenada marine with a 650$us per month bill, but this is an average for 6 months, including hull washing at haul out, tie down and haul in. People are very nice, but lock your boat very good, for some people including myself have been getting petty theft lately. There is 24 hr guards, but with so many boats it's hard to keep track of everything at the same time.
raphaella is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rib, caribbean