Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-12-2009, 12:57   #16
Moderator and Certifiable Refitter

Boat: C.L.O.D.
Quote:
Originally Posted by delmarrey View Post
Not sure, are you bragging or complaining?
The mysteries of internet communication .

Well I try not to brag too much and I don't often complain but yesterday I was complaining and just thinking of being somewhere cold.

However I am not sure about a whole winter of cold; still you guys survive it so I might be able to.

Anyway I enjoy reading of your cold world and thank you for your posts .

I have learnt that there are 2 Leavenworth's; I had only known of the Kansas one (by reputation )
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangereous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawrence
Wotname is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2009, 14:44   #17

Boat: Roberts Offshore 38
I'm figuring anything goes that don't involve epoxy or paint. Anything mechanical or electrical can be done if the boat covered over, and you have a couple of heaters. I plan on stripping paint, varnish and then sanding ready for the warmer weather. Some of the smaller items can be removed and shifted to my workshop, there they can be varnished/painted and made ready for reinstallation. Any wood work will be cut to size and fitted ready for epoxy and final installation, and the electrical work will all be done before spring.

Now if I was still in the water, I'd be making plans to go sailing as long as the ice wouldn't block me in. I've been out in Lake Ontario in December, early January and mid March. Only got locked in for about 8 weeks. Once the ice broke up, we could leave the dock without any problems. Course we looked like refugees from a rag bag with our skidoo suits, and all the rest of the mismatched gear we wore but afterwards it was a nice evening of hot rum toddies n fresh chili. Theres a lot to be said for sailing in the midst of an arctic high pressure area. Beutiful sun, crisp air, and no one else out there.

Sabre
SabreKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2009, 15:22   #18
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Endeavour 42CC
best time to r & r head hoses. the cold temps suppress the odor!!!
gettinthere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2009, 17:36   #19

Boat: Irwin 41 CC Ketch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wotname View Post
The mysteries of internet communication .

Well I try not to brag too much and I don't often complain but yesterday I was complaining and just thinking of being somewhere cold.

However I am not sure about a whole winter of cold; still you guys survive it so I might be able to.

Anyway I enjoy reading of your cold world and thank you for your posts .

I have learnt that there are 2 Leavenworth's; I had only known of the Kansas one (by reputation )

Well maybe we could do a boat/house swap for a month or so one of these years..

Relationships are everything to me...everything else in life is just a tool to enhance them.
Stillraining is offline   Reply With Quote