Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-02-2015, 16:42   #1

Boat: 1978 Rafiki 35
CNG Availability Eastern Mediterranean

I know the predominate stove fuel is LPG, but my boat came equipped with a nice CNG system that works well and I have access to tank refills were I am. So I am with no reason at present to convert.

Question is what is current availability of CNG in Eastern Mediterranean, Adriatic and Black Seas(Turkey, Greece, Croatia, Bulgaria et al)? I am planning long term cruising there in near future after refit.

I know Crimea has CNG fill stations if you have an adapter. Other areas not sure. I am in process of a refit and would really like to keep system if availability good in those areas.

I also have propane BBQ that I know can get the small tanks for easily in a pinch. And if weather good will use frequently. So I figure with my two CNG tanks I can get 30-45 days of use in combination with BBQ, which works for me if CNG available in those regions.
JerseyJoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mediterranean