Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Life Aboard a Boat > Liveaboard's Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-08-2007, 06:21   #16

Boat: 1985 Gozzard Pilothouse 36
Gozzard's philosophy is based on two principles:
1. build a boat for a couple with an occaisional guest.
2. life is too short to own an ugly boat.
Not that I am saying anybody's boat is ugly, just that I like that kind of thinking. I think, if you have a dog aboard, you can't beat a Gozzard with it's stern boarding ladder/swim platform. Allows easy retrieval of swimming K-9s. The open floor plan is what you have said you are interested in.

No, I am not a salesman or employee of North Castle Marine, I just love their boats!!!!!!!!!
Boko~maru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2007, 06:38   #17

Quote:
We have bayfield-29 cutter in Key Largo, Florida. No V-berth, instead large head and storage area, comfortable berths in the middle of the boat, shallow 3'-6" draft, well built and very comfortable for 2 people.
Ideal cruising boat. There is also an Alberg Pearson 29 or 30 footer that has the same arrangement...
Sailormann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2007, 22:00   #18

Boat: Pearson 31-2
Thanks for everyone's suggestions. I checked out all of them. The Gozzard is really a nice boat but they are out of my price window. I've budgeted 75k for a boat so my selection is limited. The Oceanus 40 is the realistic favorite from all suggestions. I REALLY like the transom with steps and a seat to take your fins off. I've decided that feature is a must on my boat. Wider is better and a wide flat stern with a large roomy cockpit. The Gozzards cockpit is awesome, but the CSY36 is nice too. I like the big cage in the back.

I was thinking aft cabin because I am a preparedness FREAK and I plan to carry enough tools and spare parts to survive a nuclear winter. An aft cabin seems like a nice workshop/storeroom for this purpose.

I've seen lots of interior features that I like, but not on the same boat, so I'm considering buying a nice older hull to renovate. Any suggestions on some bulletproof hulls worth the investment?
Aquah0lic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
liveaboard