Cruisers Forum
 


Join CruisersForum Today

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-11-2013, 12:20   #1
Registered User
 
JulianGullsway's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: London
Boat: Endurance 35
Posts: 107
Blakes Taylor's diesel heaters smoke in cabin

Hi all, we recently cleaned our heater up after a few years of use and since we have put it all back together it seems to letting out smoke and fumes into the cabin, I have looked at the basic Manual and it mentions nothing, I think it's something to do with the metal square hooked things inside the main iner housing I can.t remember how they were prior to dismantling any help would be most appreciated as fan heaters give us condensation on the windows thanks as alwaysJulian
__________________

__________________
JulianGullsway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2013, 13:05   #2
Senior Cruiser
 
atoll's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: gettin naughty on the beach in cornwall
Boat: 63 custom alloy sloop,macwester26,prout snowgoose 37 elite catamaran!
Posts: 9,312
Images: 75
Re: Blakes Taylor's diesel heaters smoke in cabin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulianGullsway View Post
Hi all, we recently cleaned our heater up after a few years of use and since we have put it all back together it seems to letting out smoke and fumes into the cabin, I have looked at the basic Manual and it mentions nothing, I think it's something to do with the metal square hooked things inside the main iner housing I can.t remember how they were prior to dismantling any help would be most appreciated as fan heaters give us condensation on the windows thanks as alwaysJulian
you could try reassembling using high temp silicon as a sealer on any joins!

works for the exhaust on my car!
__________________

__________________
my catamaran building project updates http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...36#post2502136
atoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2013, 15:54   #3
Registered User
 
JulianGullsway's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: London
Boat: Endurance 35
Posts: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by atoll View Post
you could try reassembling using high temp silicon as a sealer on any joins! works for the exhaust on my car!
cheers fella I think I will just take the bloody thing apart again, how you been matey and how's that project coming along??
__________________
JulianGullsway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2013, 16:03   #4
Senior Cruiser
 
atoll's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: gettin naughty on the beach in cornwall
Boat: 63 custom alloy sloop,macwester26,prout snowgoose 37 elite catamaran!
Posts: 9,312
Images: 75
Re: Blakes Taylor's diesel heaters smoke in cabin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulianGullsway View Post
cheers fella I think I will just take the bloody thing apart again, how you been matey and how's that project coming along??
project has been put to bed for the winter,after an epic trip to falmouth,47 hours from london to our berth here.

i'm off on saturday to the azores for a delivery to portugal,will post a blow by blow account,as all involved are cf members!

wish us luck
cheers alex
__________________
my catamaran building project updates http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...36#post2502136
atoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cabin, diesel

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 14:45.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.