Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Life Aboard a Boat > Liveaboard's Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 31-05-2014, 00:29   #1

Anyone out there Need a Live Aboard Occupant or Helper in the Caribbean or Keys?

Just curious if anyone out there needs someone to occupy a vessel in the Caribbean or Florida Keys?

I occupied a live aboard in the islands for about three months for the owner who lived in the states. He used the boat seasonally and wanted someone to man the boat for basic maintenance and security. I would like to find another live aboard in the Florida Keys or Caribbean, whether occupied or unoccupied, because I really enjoyed the experience. If you have anything, I'd love to hear from you. Thanks.

- Highly flexible individual
- Single with no dependents
- Responsible and trustworthy
- No pets
- Non-smoker
- Clean background
- Driver's License
- Valid U.S. Passport
- Valid TWIC card
- Experienced with living and working in the islands
- Experienced with traveling to other countries
STJ00830 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 00:02   #2

Boat: Irwin. 28 ft
Send a message via AIM to pdjb
Re: Anyone out there need a live aboard occupant or helper in the Caribbean or Keys?

would u like to make a trip from Everett.wa. to new bern n.c. in august...I am retired and have all the time in the world?
pdjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 19:19   #3

Re: Anyone out there need a live aboard occupant or helper in the Caribbean or Keys?

Thanks.
I replied to your offer so hopefully you received that.
STJ00830 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2014, 04:01   #4

Location: Welland Ontario May to Nov - Green Turtle Cay winter
Boat: C & C Redline 25
Re: Anyone out there Need a Live Aboard Occupant or Helper in the Caribbean or Keys?

Hi,
I realize you posted this many months ago but I am just looking for some information from someone like yourself. I am in the process of possibly buying a 26ft Redline that is moored in Black Sound in Green Turtle Cay, Bahamas. The current owners (2 couples) have been living on the boat during the winter for 2 months each taking turns and now they have a new boat they are taking there to do the same. I am about to fully retire in 3 to 5 years from now and would likely spend the winters on the boat there when I do but I would have to buy the boat this year and then leave it there on the mooring until then (the mooring/marina owner would be watching over it and I would be paying a monthly fee). There is someone who might be interested in renting it for a few months each winter but nothing for sure.

Have you done this before and how long would you spend on the boat. Wold you just live on it and not sail it? There is a dingy and motor that go with the boat so getting around is easy. What type of rent payment would you expect to pay or what do you think would be fair. Have you seen many others looking to do this and do you think I would have any trouble finding someone to rent it for longer terms until I am able to use it myself? I am looking to see if I could cover my costs while I am preparing for retirement (also saving funds to cover retirement) so renting it out would help me decide to go ahead with this.

Would appreciate any comments for thoughts on this or if you are still looking let me know.

Thanks
RickyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2014, 04:12   #5
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Re: Anyone out there Need a Live Aboard Occupant or Helper in the Caribbean or Keys?

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, Ricky.

GordMay is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
Caribbean, rib, caribbean