Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-03-2017, 14:55   #16

Re: Affordable berth in Croatia

Quote:
Originally Posted by moseriw View Post
Marina Brest France de 13.00 à 13.99 2 588,20€ I think annual means year or not?
That's in comparism with the med prices in Spain, Italy and Croatia so far.
Correct, that's the yearly fee. ~1/2 the price of the croatian berths.

For more expensive than the croat ACI marinas you probably have to go to the hot spots of Cote d'Azur/Corsica... Heard that some people keep their boats in Italy and move to Croatia only for their sailing period. AFAIK even Malta is cheaper than Croatia...

I just realized, the OP has a cat - the cat overprice can be quite different from marina to marina. Some places charge 100% extra, others just 25%...
GTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 16:36   #18

I always think I saw the most expensive pricelist in the eastern Med but there is always someone coming up with a surprise. Tribunj costs the same as Ajaccio in Corsica...
Old 04-03-2017, 05:40   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTom View Post
I always think I saw the most expensive pricelist in the eastern Med but there is always someone coming up with a surprise. Tribunj costs the same as Ajaccio in Corsica...

You can not compare Tribunj and Ajaccio. Actually Tribunj should be tree times more expensive then Ajaccio.

Entrance to Ajaccio marina...:

Entrance to Tribunj marina...:

Front of Ajacio marina...:

Front of Tribunj marina....:

Ajaccio Marina parking....:

Tribunj Marina parking.....:

royalstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 12:17   #20

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Athena 11.6m Rapa Nui II

It seems pointless to answer the OPs specific question regarding an affordable berth in Croatia by suggesting he go somewhere else. It seems to me what the community should be offering is advice based on experience and research for the area he has requested advice on.
Yes, Croatia berthing in general is expensive, particularly the daily rates. However the yearly/half yearly rates are I think pretty reasonable, for what I regards as a good quality product of a safe and secure place to leave a boat unattended. They are even more reasonable on the islands where in the main charter fleets do not have bases and they are competing for private owners. Ok, it's a bit of a bind and takes a bit longer to travel to and from the boat but there are excellent, cheap, frequent and safe ferries to the islands.
Yes, Croatia has a lot of charter fleets and yes that puts up prices for daily berths and annual berths near airports, but there are over 1000 islands and it is perfectly possible to find safe and quiet anchorages everywhere even during August. Tourist traps like Split, Hvar, Vis, Korcula, Dubrovnic, Trogir, Murter, Pula, Skradin, Kornati etc etc do a great job in luring in a large number of boats, leaving the remaining 99% much less crowded.
And yes, there are a number of bays where the government have licensed concessions to collect mooring charges either by mooring buoys or ocasionally just to anchor, but there are a lot more that are free. And yes there is a navigation fee and sojurn tax, but it is not very expensive to give you the ability cruise one of the best cruising grounds in the world.
On the plus side, we never have to lock our dinghy outboard either ashore or on the boat, try doing that in UK or France and I suspect many other countries.
Yep, it might be cheaper to berth at Brest or Hamburg, having been to both I think many people would pay a bit extra for Croatia for all it offers. However that was not the question.
Rapanui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 02:53   #21

We are in the Olive Island marina on Ugljan. Its very New with a dry Dock, laundry Service, nice showers and toilets. The Island is right across from Zadar.
WilliErnszt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 03:36   #22
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Vagabond 47

Rapanui:
It seems pointless to answer the OPs specific question regarding an affordable berth in Croatia by suggesting he go somewhere else.

The question is already answered by me: Veli Iz or Ramova are the cheapest.

BUT: it is necessary to make the community sensible on prices. If we still accept any prices without moaning we will find us up ten times as much as now in the near future.
moseriw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 03:48   #23

Boat: LAGOON 400

dear sailors, you need to accept that high season is 1.5 month in north med and that croatia is positioned most conviniently with most islands for most of europe.

It is already crowded and looks like will get worse, so include this in your sailing budget.

I think prices are fair.

For comparision - sydney cheapest berth for 12m cat starts at 15k eur, and each day on dry I last paid 240 EUR.
arsenelupiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 04:43   #24
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Vagabond 47

dear sailors, you do have to accept to pay far too much but accepting is not tolerating!
moseriw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 04:57   #25

That's correct, crowded + no regulations = prices go through the roof.
Old 06-03-2017, 00:25   #26

Boat: Nautitech 482

Well one night in a marina in the south of france was going to be 250 euros, so I don't think Croatia is too bad... Got to love the Greek island way where half the marinas don't even bother to charge, and the rest it's a paltry 8 or so euros! Could go some way to explain their current financial situation though...
LydiaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 00:35   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by LydiaS View Post
Well one night in a marina in the south of france was going to be 250 euros, so I don't think Croatia is too bad... Got to love the Greek island way where half the marinas don't even bother to charge, and the rest it's a paltry 8 or so euros! Could go some way to explain their current financial situation though...
greece is really great, however sailing europeans cant jump there for sailing weekend. just too far. But can in croatia.

That makes big difference in usage of boat and return on money wasted on boat.
Old 06-03-2017, 01:40   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenelupiga View Post
greece is really great, however sailing europeans cant jump there for sailing weekend. just too far. But can in croatia.

That makes big difference in usage of boat and return on money wasted on boat.
Flight time from Frankfurt to Antalya is 3:30h, <2h longer than FRA-Split, is that such a huge difference? It's more important to find a flight on Friday after work and Sunday very late. I am considering long weekends on Gran Canaria... (never done that but willing to try)
Old 06-03-2017, 01:49   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTom View Post
Flight time from Frankfurt to Antalya is 3:30h, <2h longer than FRA-Split, is that such a huge difference? It's more important to find a flight on Friday after work and Sunday very late. I am considering long weekends on Gran Canaria... (never done that but willing to try)
i know what you mean, but unfortunately, crowding everywhere getting worse, globally. if you think that is bad now, wait till you get chinese contribution. migration & speculation seem to be the way our leaders devised path to economic prosperity (for them) in the future.

Tags
Croatia