Cruisers Forum
 


Join CruisersForum Today

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-02-2016, 21:21   #16
Registered User
 
Lizzy Belle's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Netherlands
Boat: Ohlson 29
Posts: 1,522
Re: Adult toys onboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by valhalla360 View Post
If you have 3 dozen variations, they may think you are running a business.
And they'd probably be right too
__________________

__________________
"Il faut ętre toujours ivre." - Charles Baudelaire
Dutch ♀ Liveaboard, sharing an Ohlson 29 with a feline.
Lizzy Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2016, 21:25   #17
Registered User
 
sy_gilana's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: On board
Boat: Van de Stadt 50'
Posts: 1,101
Send a message via Skype™ to sy_gilana
Re: Adult toys onboard

The other night my wife suggested I try bringing a toy to bed.
Had a devil of a time setting up the trainset so it would run properly.
__________________

__________________
Tight sheets to ya.
http://gilana.org
sy_gilana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2016, 21:37   #18
Registered User

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Australia
Boat: Island Packet 40
Posts: 1,376
Images: 7
Re: Adult toys onboard

If you clear in at Sydney during G&L Mardi Gras without some of them you might have a problem?
__________________
RaymondR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2016, 22:21   #19
Registered User

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: W Carib
Boat: Wildcat 35, Hobie 33
Posts: 7,962
Re: Adult toys onboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by valhalla360 View Post
...

Also quantity may play a role. 1 or 2 battery powered devices and they likely will assume they were for your own use. If you have 3 dozen variations, they may think you are running a business.
Used to be illegal, not long ago, to own more than 6 in Texas...welcome to the Land of The Free.

Have you posted this question on SA yet?
__________________
belizesailor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2016, 23:14   #20
Registered User

Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 4,881
Re: Adult toys onboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy Belle View Post
And they'd probably be right too
We have a friend who TMI's...she easily has a few dozen and she doesn't run a business.
__________________
valhalla360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2016, 23:16   #21
Registered User

Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 4,881
Re: Adult toys onboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by belizesailor View Post
Used to be illegal, not long ago, to own more than 6 in Texas...welcome to the Land of The Free.

Have you posted this question on SA yet?
Big difference between technically illegal and actually enforced & enforceable.

Not my OP, so no I haven't sent it to SA.
__________________
valhalla360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2016, 00:01   #22
Senior Cruiser
 
44'cruisingcat's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,458
Images: 69
Re: Adult toys onboard

Oops, I was all set to talk about stand-up paddle boards, and kiteboards...
__________________
"You CANNOT be serious!"


John McEnroe
44'cruisingcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2016, 01:01   #23
Registered User
 
Rustic Charm's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Tasmania, Australia
Boat: Bieroc 36 foot Ketch
Posts: 4,898
Re: Adult toys onboard

Welcome to CF
__________________
Rustic Charm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2016, 01:58   #24
Registered User
 
svmariane's Avatar

Join Date: May 2007
Location: Currently in South Pacific. Home Port: Vienna, Austria
Boat: Celestial, Stay'sl-Rigged Sloop, 48 ft
Posts: 1,164
Re: Adult toys onboard

Well, a sybian might be overly & blatantly obvious, but stuff that fits in a drawer? Nah..... No probs if you stay out of the middle east.

Just for fun & I dare you not to smile....Dutch girl band ADAM tries to sing whilst, well....... Warning: Adult Theme.
__________________
"Being offended is not the same thing as being right." Dave Barry.
Note: Offense is always taken, never given.
When life hands you lemons..... add gin & tonic!
svmariane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2016, 02:57   #25
Registered User

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Alert Bay, Vancouver Island
Boat: 35ft classic ketch/yawl.
Posts: 937
Images: 4
Send a message via Skype™ to roland stockham
Re: Adult toys onboard

First I salute you for asking the question, certainly makes a change from most newbies to the forum who want to know what boat to buy or whether to replace the pumps!
Couple of thoughts. As a brit I was used to the world being dominated by secular ideas, because N Europe is. Much of the rest of the world is not! Some have already mentioned the middle east but most of Spanish America is still dominated by catholicism, the southern states by evangelical and protestant christianity and it is taken very seriously compared to Europe. It is not uncommon the hear of violent religious persecution and intolerance in the states and South/Central America including persecution of of gay and lesbian people, sexual health clinics and others who challenge the taboos. Many of these people might find you interest deeply sinful. It is likely not to be illegal but culturally may be the same as wondering around in a miniskirt and crop top in the wrong place. While a European customs officer would simply be looking at the legality of your stuff I am not sure the same would apply in places like Panama or Alabama. So, no I don't think there is much chance of it being seen as contraband but I do think there is significant risk of it being culturally offensive and affecting your welcome and treatment by the locals.
Besides if, with the addition of the odd nautical curiosity like a cat'o'nine tails, anyone who cant turn the average boat into a dungeon lacks imagination!
__________________
roland stockham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2016, 03:06   #26
Registered User
 
Rustic Charm's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Tasmania, Australia
Boat: Bieroc 36 foot Ketch
Posts: 4,898
Re: Adult toys onboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by roland stockham View Post
First I salute you for asking the question, certainly makes a change from most newbies to the forum who want to know what boat to buy or whether to replace the pumps!
Couple of thoughts. As a brit I was used to the world being dominated by secular ideas, because N Europe is. Much of the rest of the world is not! Some have already mentioned the middle east but most of Spanish America is still dominated by catholicism, the southern states by evangelical and protestant christianity and it is taken very seriously compared to Europe. It is not uncommon the hear of violent religious persecution and intolerance in the states and South/Central America including persecution of of gay and lesbian people, sexual health clinics and others who challenge the taboos. Many of these people might find you interest deeply sinful. It is likely not to be illegal but culturally may be the same as wondering around in a miniskirt and crop top in the wrong place. While a European customs officer would simply be looking at the legality of your stuff I am not sure the same would apply in places like Panama or Alabama. So, no I don't think there is much chance of it being seen as contraband but I do think there is significant risk of it being culturally offensive and affecting your welcome and treatment by the locals.

Besides if, with the addition of the odd nautical curiosity like a cat'o'nine tails, anyone who cant turn the average boat into a dungeon lacks imagination!
Well written and thought out reply. i particularly like the last paragraph
__________________
Rustic Charm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2016, 03:14   #27
Certifiable Refitter/Senior Wannbe
 
Wotname's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: South of 43 S, Australia
Boat: Van DeStat Super Dogger 31'
Posts: 7,333
Re: Adult toys onboard

Hmm... I suggest you take a cautious approach and check out the import regulations country by country.

For instance, while adult items in Australia are common place and readily availabe, it is AFAIK, illegal to import restraints like handcuffs etc.

20 years back, pornographic publications were banned in Indonesia and probably still are.
__________________
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangereous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawrence
Wotname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2016, 03:34   #28
Registered User
 
Rustic Charm's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Tasmania, Australia
Boat: Bieroc 36 foot Ketch
Posts: 4,898
Re: Adult toys onboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wotname View Post
Hmm... I suggest you take a cautious approach and check out the import regulations country by country.

For instance, while adult items in Australia are common place and readily availabe, it is AFAIK, illegal to import restraints like handcuffs etc.

20 years back, pornographic publications were banned in Indonesia and probably still are.
You cant bring handcuffs in from Iran. no idea why. But i dont see them in any other listing

Oddly enough, you cant import disposable lighters without prior approval.
__________________
Rustic Charm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2016, 03:55   #29
Freelance Delivery Skipper..
 
boatman61's Avatar

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: PORTUGAL
Posts: 20,217
Images: 2
pirate Re: Adult toys onboard

Give's a whole new twist to the old VHF sign off... " Roger that..!! Over and Out..!!!
__________________


Born To Be Wild
boatman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2016, 04:03   #30
Registered User
 
Rustic Charm's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Tasmania, Australia
Boat: Bieroc 36 foot Ketch
Posts: 4,898
Re: Adult toys onboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
Give's a whole new twist to the old VHF sign off... " Roger that..!! Over and Out..!!!
And to boating conversations,

'Getting wet', 'getting a swing up', 'up the pole', 'tied up', 'over the bow'

Oh no, will i be able to sail again without a grin
__________________

__________________
Rustic Charm is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Toys' Continuing Adventures .... SabreKai The Sailor's Confessional 1 01-07-2011 10:30
Sailing Event to Toys for Tots in Sarasota 7/25 SAILMONSTER Cruising News & Events 0 02-07-2009 04:45
Boys and Their Toys TaoJones Monohull Sailboats 0 28-01-2008 13:54



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 20:18.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.