Join CruisersForum Today

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2016, 14:25   #46
Now on the Dark Side: Stink Potter.

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 2001 Albin 28TE.
Re: 9 Americans arrested in Saudi Arabia accused of cobtact with terrorists

Advise to all cruisers and all infidels:
Stay out of the sand-pit in general and Saudi in particular.
I lived in Saudi Arabia doing contract work for their Goverment owned airline.
It is screwed up beyond belief and those guys are brainwashed and at the same time Hippocrates beyond belief. Ever heard of Chop-Chop Square? That is where they be-head some poor slob who got caught selling booze.
I also lived in Kuwait for 15 months, almost as bad, but they don't kill you for nothing.
Heck, the Emir is a pedophile who are always "married" to at least 4 young girls at any time. Or he was back then when Gulf War # 1 was going on and when I lived there shortly after. He may be dead now. Point is, if the American people had known what was going on in the sandbox and how screwed up things were, they (we) would have let Saddam have the place and Saudi as well.
Right now it is screwed up beyond belief, but would probably be stable if Saddam ruled it all.
That being said, the Kuwaitis were grateful for getting their country back and I could not buy dinner and drinks when I was there. (Doing my very small part)
The Saudis are different, they hate everybody and most of the 9/11 culprits were from there, brain washed and all.
Advise to fellow cruisers:
Stay away from Saudi and most other countries in the Middle East and East and North Africa: There is nothing there expect low IQ people, which is why they believe in religion and take it seriously despite religion and Gods/Allah's being fairly tales and fantasy figures.

Old 03-02-2016, 14:35   #47
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: V45

Rustic Charm ....thanks for your posting - I am not further responding to Boatman. I have quoted facts, pure and simple and as you and Boatman cannot refute these, you reduce yourself to insults. Anti-islamic? No, but I do like facts, hard and simple. I am anti-extremism though. As for propaganda read Boatmans last posting - he is beating a different drum.
He has made a number of ill informed statements and when the evidence is established to correct these the insults flew. I happen to be Zimbabwean and from this he makes insulting deductions and you appear to endorse this.
I have visited many Islamic countries and have received courteous treatment - and outstanding hospitality. Whilst Boatman might well be of the Islamic faith himself there is no denial (despite his assertions) that some behaviour under the guise of Islam is not considered acceptable in many countries. His angry postings shall not change the facts. Fortunately, he does not represent main stream Muslims who are not so wrapped up with promoting their faith with incorrect statements and persuading gullible people to follow their rants.

It is reported that many people joining terror organisations such as ISIS started with low key public outbursts - it does rather make one wonder.
Just check the Boston marathon incident and those in Paris. They all had a history of making outbursts before becoming further radicalised. This is one of the reasons I do not like such extremism and distortion of facts.

Weak attempts at being PC adequately displays your own position; run with the masses and desperate to be accepted. Facts and evidence are not popular with some people when they dont fit.
No doubt you shall be back with further disjointed meanderings, however, you are not worthy of further discussion so; good day to you & OUT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustic Charm View Post
Your a funny man Bulawayo.. you quote

anti Muslim facts, make links to anti Muslim propoganda and all the time saying you won't comment any more or this is the last I'll say on this and then you just keep coming back and posting. Your one of those people that must have the last comment are you? not the slightest interest in any discussion, just having the last thing to say. (and frankly your posts come across as uninformed and bias)

Old 03-02-2016, 14:57   #48

Boat: Bieroc 36 foot Ketch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulawayo View Post
Rustic Charm ....thanks for your posting - I am not further responding to Boatman. I have quoted facts, pure and simple and as you and Boatman cannot refute these, you reduce yourself to insults. Anti-islamic? No, but I do like facts, hard and simple. I am anti-extremism though. As for propaganda read Boatmans last posting - he is beating a different drum.
He has made a number of ill informed statements and when the evidence is established to correct these the insults flew. I happen to be Zimbabwean and from this he makes insulting deductions and you appear to endorse this.
I have visited many Islamic countries and have received courteous treatment - and outstanding hospitality. Whilst Boatman might well be of the Islamic faith himself there is no denial (despite his assertions) that some behaviour under the guise of Islam is not considered acceptable in many countries. His angry postings shall not change the facts. Fortunately, he does not represent main stream Muslims who are not so wrapped up with promoting their faith with incorrect statements and persuading gullible people to follow their rants.

It is reported that many people joining terror organisations such as ISIS started with low key public outbursts - it does rather make one wonder.
Just check the Boston marathon incident and those in Paris. They all had a history of making outbursts before becoming further radicalised. This is one of the reasons I do not like such extremism and distortion of facts.

Weak attempts at being PC adequately displays your own position; run with the masses and desperate to be accepted. Facts and evidence are not popular with some people when they dont fit.
No doubt you shall be back with further disjointed meanderings, however, you are not worthy of further discussion so; good day to you & OUT.
Gee dude, settle down. Stop making so many assumptions. (I'm making an assumption that you will respond to this because you keep saying no further discussiona and 'out' and then you keep coming back )

I pretty much agree with you on radicalism.. Absolutely and I agree with you on your respectful behaviour when in other peoples countries you do recall I backed you up on that

Chill out dude, life is too short. Go sailing
Old 03-02-2016, 15:08   #49
Freelance Delivery Skipper..

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: 9 Americans arrested in Saudi Arabia accused of cobtact with terrorists

If you think my posts are in anger.. you know nothing...
As to my being a Muslim..??
Wouldn't you like to know...

So... Hows the Mugabe kill rate going these days..
ISIS must remind you of his early days.. hasn't he done well.!!

Born To Be Wild
Old 03-02-2016, 15:14   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulawayo View Post
Wow, and this from someone who was trading insults with Boatman a few moments again.
Nothing like hypocrocy in the desperate search to be accepted as one of the gang...... despite them having distain for your views.
Read boatmans last post and you may realise where he is coming from.......
I don't think you've gotten the irony of this clip. Basically it is laughing at the anti-Eurocentric nativist PC mantras so popular lately and on CF represented by Boatman and Rustic Charm.

PS Though this comedy is 35 years old it was years ahead of its time and is still very relevant and funny.
Old 03-02-2016, 15:20   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Time O25 View Post
I don't think you've gotten the irony of this clip. Basically it is laughing at the anti-Eurocentric nativist PC mantras so popular lately and on CF represented by Boatman and Rustic Charm.

PS Though this comedy is 35 years old it was years ahead of its time and is still very relevant and funny.
No, it wasn't.. it was about the Romans

And 'Anti-eurocentric nativist PC mantras' ? seriously

And could equally be used today to ask the question, 'what have the Muslims ever done for us'
Old 03-02-2016, 15:23   #52
Freelance Delivery Skipper..

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: 9 Americans arrested in Saudi Arabia accused of cobtact with terrorists

Quote:

LOL... the final..
Nay Sir..!! the ultimate insult... I'm PC.

PS; I'm voting OUT of the EU.. regain control.

Born To Be Wild
Old 03-02-2016, 15:23   #53

Boat: Mirage 35

Retirement is having enough time to actually read through a thread like this.

A statistical analysis based on my time so far on CF showed it to be 90% useful discussion and 10% off-the-wall. Extremely good for an Internet forum.

But as of this one, I have to back that down to 9% off-the-wall and 1% whatever the heck this is. Entertaining, but ???

And this is the only comment I'm going to make on it, and I'm going to stop reading now. And when I say something like that I mean it.
Old 03-02-2016, 15:26   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnglaisInHull View Post
Retirement is having enough time to actually read through a thread like this.

A statistical analysis based on my time so far on CF showed it to be 90% useful discussion and 10% off-the-wall. Extremely good for an Internet forum.

But as of this one, I have to back that down to 9% off-the-wall and 1% whatever the heck this is. Entertaining, but ???

And this is the only comment I'm going to make on it, and I'm going to stop reading now. And when I say something like that I mean it.

awwe, come on, have some fun.
Old 03-02-2016, 15:27   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Star View Post
Respect for authority and cultural norms has diminished in the west
I suspect as a result of these authorities' diminished respect for an individual. Protests to the contrary notwithstanding. When was the last time you were not just a number to a gov't bureaucrat or an agency? And let's not even go to the religious "authorities" and their behavior vis-a-vis the individual members of their flock. Or the economic "authority" of the financial elite and their behavior in the past 20-30 years, where for every $1mil public good "donation" there is usually a $100mil underlying rip off of the rest of us.

PS Yesterday on the news they were stating that the coffee growers had a great harvest and the wholesale price of coffee is dropping significantly. In the same breath they were quoting some Starbucks honcho who was saying that they can't offer a corresponding drop in retail prices of their coffee as bulk coffee costs represent "only" 20% of their costs. Funny isn't it that the same logic does not apply when the wholesale coffee prices go up and the retail prices skyrocket accordingly. Same for oil btw and most other commodities. And I should have "respect" for these greedy lying clowns?
Old 03-02-2016, 15:36   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustic Charm View Post
No, it wasn't.. it was about the Romans

And 'Anti-eurocentric nativist PC mantras' ? seriously

And could equally be used today to ask the question, 'what have the Muslims ever done for us'
The only two useful things they have done for us were 1) translate and pass along all that Greek knowledge (which they wrested from the Greeks by violence btw) and to pass along Indian numerals (as their own no less). Everything else we could do without.

One of their greatest crime against Western civilization still stands as one of the worst calamities for the West - burning down Alexandria library because as the leader of the arsonists proclaimed - only one book, Koran, has all the knowledge therefore any others are superfluous and even dangerous.
Old 03-02-2016, 15:56   #57

Quote:
The only two useful things they have done for us were 1) translate and pass along all that Greek knowledge (which they wrested from the Greeks by violence btw) and to pass along Indian numerals (as their own no less). Everything else we could do without.

One of their greatest crime against Western civilization still stands as one of the worst calamities for the West - burning down Alexandria library because as the leader of the arsonists proclaimed - only one book, Koran, has all the knowledge therefore any others are superfluous and even dangerous.
How Many times have Christian fundamentalist said this? How many times have Christian Missionaries destroyed libraries? Including the Alexandrian library?

If your referring to the 6th C burning, get over it it was ancient history. if your referring to the two earlier burnings they occured well before Muslim even existed . And how on earth is Egypt considered Western civilization?

You friend have what's called 'historical amnesia'. Either that or your a revisionist.

Islam was responsible for the very first university and other inroads to Education.

Islam Scholars were responsible for bringing to Europe the knowledge and learnings of previously forgotten Greek minds such as Socrates, Aristotle and Plato. The ancient greek manuscripts were lost to Europe until they were translated into Arabic and then made known to the world. The 8thC was one of the greates transfers of knowledge in the history of mankind via Muslim scholars.

Muslim's began the very first hospital open to rich, poor, women and children in Egypt in the 1st Century. For the times, the Islamic world, led the world in medicine and health care. And great contributions to chemistry.

Muslims made inroads into Astonomy and set up the worlds first observatory.

That's to name just a few.

The reason why people like you believe they have brought nothing to history is because you see yourself and your entire world view from your western perspective. There's a whole different world out there open to be learned and to learn from. The white christian world view has not been the sole contributor to history and it's relatively new to world history.

Old 03-02-2016, 15:59   #58

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: Lived aboard & cruised for 45 years,- now on a chair in my walk-in closet.
Boat: Morgan OI 413 1973 - Aythya

We have a consensus to close this thread as it has drifted to a point beyond the accepted forum topics.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: