Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Destinations > Sailor Logs & Cruising Plans
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-12-2011, 12:40   #226
Armchair Bucketeer

Re: The Bum(fuzzle)s Are Moving Afloat Again !

Has no one ever heard of marketing?

To make money gotta have a schtick - in the old days that meant knitting own socks outta yoghurt, whilst rounding cape horn or simply being an eccentric / a loon.......nowadays it is anything that grabs attention - and controversy is an easy sell.

Some of you are in The Truman Show.......
Old 22-12-2011, 13:57   #227
Marine Service Provider

Boat: command yachtsdouglas32

He was just stating an opinon after all,and others started the "mean and ugly attack" and... if you dont self promote these days you certainly will not get far as none are going to help you blow your own horn...its an egotistic world we live in and if you have the ego then you may have the ability to "self promote" yourself such as the Fuzzels...I know an artist that is very successful due to self promotion,but I dont like his art work that much and I will be the first to say that a lot of people do ,so can I not have my opinon and state it without being attacked for it by the ones that do like it?Can Minaret not have an opinon without the fans of the Fuzzells attacking him...? I guess not....Its freedom of speech,just watch what you say, because others will try to take it away from you... I would like to meet a few of the folks that the Fuzzells met out on there trip and ask what they thought of the man that was in the dog it dog back stabbing world that this fellow came from and see how they were treated by such a person ,a Leoperd cant change his spots and people who have nothing have nothing I want,wonder if Mr. Fuzzell feels the same way?...DVC
Old 22-12-2011, 14:44   #228

Boat: Seafarer 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropicalescape View Post
Can Minaret not have an opinon without the fans of the Fuzzells attacking him...?
Negativity for the sake of being negative doesn't help anyone. I mean really what does anyone get out of saying something bad about someone else? Calling someone out on rudeness and saying that it isn't really appropriate, doesn't make anyone a fan of anyone else, it just makes it clear that they think unnecessary rudeness accomplishes nothing. Not liking someone is fine, especially if you've met them, but saying that someone you haven't met doesn't appreciate culture or lacks ethics because you don't like their old job, just makes you an ass (and I am not directing this at Minaret or anyone else specifically). Saying that you don't follow the blog is fine, saying you think it's crazy to have kids on a boat is fine, saying you didn't like a book is fine, saying you were ripped off by them for buying their book? Not so fine. There are never guarantees on books. Saying that in your mind they lack ethics because they had a different job than you and thus must be scum? Totally out of line in my view.
Old 22-12-2011, 15:00   #229
CLOD

Boat: none

Other than the entertainment vaue of the back and forth and then the retort to that ...............what's this thread about?

Someone please tell me and hopefully the back and forths will take their battle pirvate or just stop.

On the other hand if it is really about just a back and forth of words; you guys need to try harder!
Old 22-12-2011, 15:19   #230

Boat: Able 50

. . . . . . boats with the wrong brand of anchor ?
Old 22-12-2011, 15:51   #231

Boat: 34' Crowther tri sold 16' Kayak now

Quote:
Originally Posted by savoir View Post
. . . . . . boats with the wrong brand of anchor ?
Or guns
Old 22-12-2011, 16:15   #232
Moderator... short for Cat Wrangler

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Cal 28 Flush Deck

...Or electric engines....

I think that's our current hat trick...

ain't what ya do, it's the way that ya do it...
Old 22-12-2011, 16:38   #233
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Sabre 28-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropicalescape View Post
He was just stating an opinon after all,and others started the "mean and ugly attack" and... if you dont self promote these days you certainly will not get far as none are going to help you blow your own horn...its an egotistic world we live in and if you have the ego then you may have the ability to "self promote" yourself such as the Fuzzels...I know an artist that is very successful due to self promotion,but I dont like his art work that much and I will be the first to say that a lot of people do ,so can I not have my opinon and state it without being attacked for it by the ones that do like it?Can Minaret not have an opinon without the fans of the Fuzzells attacking him...? I guess not....Its freedom of speech,just watch what you say, because others will try to take it away from you... I would like to meet a few of the folks that the Fuzzells met out on there trip and ask what they thought of the man that was in the dog it dog back stabbing world that this fellow came from and see how they were treated by such a person ,a Leoperd cant change his spots and people who have nothing have nothing I want,wonder if Mr. Fuzzell feels the same way?...DVC
Hey, the Kardashians have a schtick, too. Doesn't mean that I have to respect it.
Old 22-12-2011, 16:41   #234
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Sabre 28-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by engele View Post
Not liking someone is fine, especially if you've met them, but saying that someone you haven't met doesn't appreciate culture or lacks ethics because you don't like their old job ....
But that's not what happened! The bums wrote a blog (and a book) telling us all that they didn't understand why there was no pizzas or beer in every port or wondering why the locals couldn't splice laid line. So, if you put yourself out there, warts and all, for the sake of a little publicity, you're fair game, I think.

Honest, I don't really have much of an opinion about the Bums (or is it the Fuzzles?), but I remember the first time this forum was introduced to them. It was when we were invited to feel sorry for them because of delamination in the hull of a boat they admitted to having bought cash down, sight unseen. That original post and several that came after appeared, by all lights, to be the Bums or a surrogate trolling around to lead us to the donation button on their website (remember "Buy us a Pizza"? I do).

So, they bragged about making a boatload in the markets andc setting off at 20-something on a circumnavigation only then to publicly beg for funding. I don't see why we should act surprised that this rubbed some people the wrong way.
Old 22-12-2011, 16:47   #235
Resin Head

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Nauticat

Quote:
Originally Posted by engele View Post
Negativity for the sake of being negative doesn't help anyone. I mean really what does anyone get out of saying something bad about someone else? Calling someone out on rudeness and saying that it isn't really appropriate, doesn't make anyone a fan of anyone else, it just makes it clear that they think unnecessary rudeness accomplishes nothing. Not liking someone is fine, especially if you've met them, but saying that someone you haven't met doesn't appreciate culture or lacks ethics because you don't like their old job, just makes you an ass (and I am not directing this at Minaret or anyone else specifically). Saying that you don't follow the blog is fine, saying you think it's crazy to have kids on a boat is fine, saying you didn't like a book is fine, saying you were ripped off by them for buying their book? Not so fine. There are never guarantees on books. Saying that in your mind they lack ethics because they had a different job than you and thus must be scum? Totally out of line in my view.

Didn't say they don't appreciate culture or lack ethics, just said that I personally don't choose to respect them for their ethics, and it appears to me based on reading the book and blog that they have little interest in cultures other than their own. I would have been fine with the book if the marketing had said up front it was a blog reprinted as a book, but it didn't, which seemed disingenuous at best. Never said they lack ethics because they have a different job than me, just said they lack ethics because of the job they hold. There are many jobs other than my own which I respect greatly ,just not that one. Never said anything like scum, just that I don't respect that. The usual tactics of people like this, distort, distort, lie, lie, accuse, accuse. Always trying to make it something it isn't. Funny how even the mods think it's not OK for me to state my opinion, but it's perfectly OK for people like this to make personal attacks as long as they SAY it's not directed at a particular person, even though it clearly is. They even happily join in...
Old 22-12-2011, 16:48   #236
Resin Head

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Nauticat

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneuman View Post
Hey, the Kardashians have a schtick, too. Doesn't mean that I have to respect it.

Nice!! Great parallel..
Old 22-12-2011, 17:13   #237
Moderator... short for Cat Wrangler

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Cal 28 Flush Deck

Yeah, well we work on *perfect* but hey, what can we say...

I do wonder at the comments about how opinions are not being allowed to be expressed.

Seems as if opinions have run rampant in here.

And they have all been allowed. Over and over for that matter.

ain't what ya do, it's the way that ya do it...
Old 22-12-2011, 17:18   #238

Boat: Vagabond 39 Hull # 1

I gotta remember, don't ever participate in a gun thread, an anchor thread, or a bumfuzzle thread. Each ends up the same way every time.
Old 22-12-2011, 17:18   #239
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 63 custom alloy sloop,macwester26,prout snowgoose 37 elite catamaran!

i for one think you do a great job and are much appreciated by all sarafina,plus think yr cute looking XXXXXXX even if we dont all ways see eye to eye
Old 22-12-2011, 17:21   #240
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: CyberYacht 43

If a poster on this thread is starting to get a sense that the Moderators are not happy with how it is going then they would be right.

Please remember that Pat and Ali are friends of more than a few on this Forum, and reread the rules if you don't know what I'm getting at.

We do care what is said here. If you don't find somewhere else.
Closed Thread