Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-10-2015, 05:40   #16

Boat: solaris 42 1978
Re: Panama to Puerto Rica

thanks to all and i am still getting input all is appreciated .. laying over in colombia as far east as possible then when weather permits north northeast to jamacia seems to be a 600 mile transit ?? then along south side of islands taking advantage of off shore winds ??
i have had contact with a cruiser that made the trip to puerta rica direct that there is a window in april or may for favorable winds if one lays up in colombia and watches the weather ?? more input there ?? when you guys send me a link i go to and read all i can .. thanks again for all the great input /
svfraidknot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2015, 13:59   #17

FYI - I had a recent email exchange w/ Frank, who confirmed his agreement with my suggestion: "You are quite right; to get out of Panama, which I refer to as "the hole" in my book, it is best to lay a course for a point north that will hold a close reach and then to proceed east." As you're making your plans, I'd reiterate that it would be worthwhile to read his book and then get in touch to ask for further advice.
wcapital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2015, 14:21   #18

Boat: solaris 42 1978

please give me more information on the book you are referring to "franks" book i am not familiar with it but appreciate the advice and am watching the winds now ,, what time of the year do you suggest i proceed ??
svfraidknot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Panama, panama