Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-04-2013, 10:46   #1

Boat: Morgan, Out Island, 33
Morgan 33 OI Bahamas Bound

After several delays, I am starting from Daytona Beach in my 33 OI heading south to Lake Worth on Sunday (4/28) of this week. Plan is to arrive by Friday then look for other boats and find a weather window to make my first crossing to the Bahamas. Any other Morgan owners, specifically Out Islands since we are not the fastest boats on the water, heading the the same direction about the same time?
Pantherssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2013, 18:25   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: Lived aboard & cruised for 45 years,- now on a chair in my walk-in closet.
Boat: Morgan OI 413 1973 - Aythya
Re: Morgan 33 OI Bahamas Bound

Hello Pantherssa, I'll be northbound on my Morgan OI 413 out of Jacksonville this week, but I've often made the crossing to the Bahamas (West End, Indian Cay, or Memory Rock) out of Lake Worth Inlet. If you find yourself waiting for weather, you might want to consider the ICW passage down to Lauderdale and anchor in Lake Sylvia. This can set you up with an easier vector advantage with the Gulfstream and often better winds with the prevailing less on the bow. The distance is more but the conditions usually give you the same time for crossings. Just an option if you're waiting anyway. If you find yourself waiting for two days, the Pelican Harbor is a good anchor spot in the area of Highlands Beach. Of course, totally disregard my suggestion if you are displeased with the bridge openings required. 'Have fun!

Tags
Bahamas, morgan