Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-12-2007, 15:47   #1

Location: West Indies, Now live aboard as cruiser/ voyager often with guest/ friends
Boat: 36' Bene
Send a message via ICQ to Reality Check
Feel like doing the Pee Pee Dance 9 days until boat splash!!

Only 9 days remain until I get on the big silver bird and Fly to St, Thomas then hop over to Tortola's Nanny Cay where my boat will be in the water by 14 Dec.

Getting ready to go has been a trip in itself. Training a new person to handle my business while I'm away and getting the necessary "stuff" ready. This will be the first real cruise on this new to me boat in Tortola. Chartered many times but this time it will be my boat....

Unfortunately that means trying to order "stuff" to be reached at x Marina on y date, Q marina on Z date and pick up crews and discharge them twice in a about 2 months... AND getting a SSB Radio installed... feel the pain???

But it will all pass when I kick back with a nice Pussers Rum at the end of the day and watch the lights and sounds across the anchorages... damn... almost doing the pee pee dance now!!!

If your going to be in the BVI/ USVI from mid Dec to mid Feb let me know... you can buy me a beer!!!! Oh heck OK I'll buy you one...
Old 03-12-2007, 17:48   #2
Long Range Cruiser

Location: Australian living on "Sea Life" currently in England.
Boat: Beneteau 393 "Sea Life"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality Check View Post
Only 9 days remain until I get on the big silver bird and Fly to St, Thomas .
Counting down the days for you! Thats exciting
Did you buy it there after charter or you've had it under charter?

I hear the 36 is very good.

Mark
MarkJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 07:10   #3

Location: West Indies, Now live aboard as cruiser/ voyager often with guest/ friends
Boat: 36' Bene
Send a message via ICQ to Reality Check
It was a Moorings Charter Fleet boat. I had chartered other boats from Moorings and BVI Yacht Charter and other private boats in the area previously. Went down to look as several in the late summer and selected this one... almost like new compared to several I viewed and it was apparently a distress sale of some kind. Sea trials, 2 days worth, were really great and survey proved good with a few minor repairs and I got a new dink and motor tossed in. Did some work on her, last trip down and going to spend much of my time doing more this trip. Not hard stuff... changing lighting to LED's, adding radios and ground plane, restocking the kitchen equipment and upgrade the electrical system (first of several).

Discovered I can ship to St Thomas far cheaper than Tortola and no duty cost. Having a bunch of stuff delivered in St. Thomas and will pick up when I go over to pick up my first set of guest crew.

Later in year will have arch put on her with solar cells and wind gen and upgrade antenna, possible add cabin shade canvas.

I'll probably spend a total of about 5 months on her 2008 and hope to make that about 8 or 9 in 2009... most on the hook.

When I start thinking about it... the feeling to do the pee pee dance comes over me!!
Old 04-12-2007, 11:46   #4
Long Range Cruiser

Location: Australian living on "Sea Life" currently in England.
Boat: Beneteau 393 "Sea Life"
You've got a bit of work on then! But that will make that boat just perfect. And work on a new boat aint work.

Quote:
When I start thinking about it... the feeling to do the pee pee dance comes over me!!
I think thats one thing that binds most owners together... we have all done that dance and love watching others when they get to do it. And an owner who doesn't do it is prolly just bought one of those test tube race boats and isn't the sort of gig for me.

Mark
MarkJ is offline   Reply With Quote