Was it Popeye who used to say that. I've been trying to gt the boat ready to leave on the Baja
Ha Ha on )ct 27th. Well I had to throw in the towel today. My crew called in the morning and said he couldn't do it. I still have the two kids
and the admiral but we've just decided that we can't do it this year. There are too many boat projects to do and well uh . . . quite frankly this credit crisis has my knickers in a twist.
We've decided to change our time frame. I now have 13 months to go till the Baja
Ha Ha. Since I already have crew to go to San Diego
I'll keep them and instead of bringing the boat downa at delivery
speed we'll take our time and just go as far as Santa Barbra. From there the Admiral will meet me with the kids
and we'll cruise
the Channel Islands Catalina
, Oceanside, and then take the boat to SD. I have some work that will take me to SD for the next few months so I'll have the boat to stay on instead of getting a hotel
. Instead of cruising Mexico
for a couple of months we'll cruise
for the month of April and maybe go into Mexico
. It's not as great an adventure as going to Mexico but at least the trip isn't completely cancelled.
I'm not sure if I am disappointed or relieved.