Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Destinations > Sailor Logs & Cruising Plans
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-09-2010, 12:10   #166

Boat: 41' Custom CC Cutter
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoJones View Post
I correspond with Pat on an irregular basis, zopi, and I believe he will resume posting about the refit of the new Bumfuzzle, their Spindrift 43. And I expect they will do very well with the vessel, as you stated you hope they will. Pat is a very talented guy mechanically, and I know he and Ali learned a lot during their four-year circumnavigation that would be beneficial to the members here, so any misguided attempt to drive them away will be, shall we say, "frowned upon" by the site staff.

In addition, they will have the perspective of circumnavigators aboard a 35' catamaran for four years who will now be cruising aboard a 43' monohull motorsailer. That gives them a certain credibility that is hard to come by.

And you're right . . . their little Coconut, Ouest, is absolutely adorable.

TaoJones
That bold action would be welcomed by me. A short time back, coming to CF got to be a tiresome experience at times, with what seemed like weeks of snide and critical postings. Seems like it was around the time of the spammy entry of the 30's Euroistas with a jet-set style that loosed it, like a tap of a barrel of repressed frustration and irritation. Again I'm reminded how tradition-bound sailors are vs other groups.

I'm no psychologist, but was thinking that maybe CF could use a relief tube of sorts, Vent 'n Let Go Thread where folks could vent their bile and get whacked or confirmed. To keep it from becoming a festering sore, the posts could auto-destruct after a week, so as long as the steaming pressure lasted to keep it alive, it could live, but after a brief time would get flushed into the sewer of history. Just a thought.
Old 24-09-2010, 12:52   #167

Boat: 33' Seawind 1000 Cat
I like that idea! I would never go there because I believe being negative is stressful and stress ages you. I can't afford to speed up the aging process. But the site would lessen my exposure.

Sea Yawl Later!!
Linda
www.sittononthebeach.com
Old 24-09-2010, 13:39   #168
Long Range Cruiser

Location: Australian living on "Sea Life" currently in England.
Boat: Beneteau 393 "Sea Life"

I fail to see how so many people on this forum hate this forum.

Its got me absolutely stuffed.

We have just had a thread for a month of so how we are so critical but when goose number 100,000 writes a infantile post says "should I do it?" we all post nice replies to him saying yes. Instead of letting the twit grow their own brain.

Now we find this thread being turned into a 'Cruisers Forum are so nasty to Bumfizzles'!

Why don't the CF haters piss off to Sailing Anarchy and see what real small minded internet people are like.

Mark

Somalia Pirates and our Convoy
Old 24-09-2010, 14:06   #169
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: CyberYacht 43
Skin keeps the inside in...

Just a reminder that skin is used to keep the inside in, not the outside out...
Old 24-09-2010, 15:17   #170

Boat: CT 54... for our sins!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkJ View Post

Why don't the CF haters piss off to Sailing Anarchy and see what real small minded internet people are like.

Mark
So Mark, don't mince words... just tell us what you really think

www.windwanderer.weebly.com
Old 24-09-2010, 15:30   #171
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boracay View Post
Just a reminder that skin is used to keep the inside in, not the outside out...
I beg to differ, thinking the main purpose of skin is to keep the outside out.

While it sometimes seems like the main purpose of skin these days may be to sell magazines and movie tickets, its primary purpose is, naturally, to protect your insides.
Skin protects against infections. Infections from the outside world travel to our inside world in three ways-through our lungs, our intestines, and our skin. Since our skin has the most interface with the outside world, it has a protective quality to it in that the top layer of skin is a dead layer, which acts as a shield against outside invaders.

Old 24-09-2010, 15:53   #172
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Endeavour 42CC
So I'm a walking carcass?
Old 24-09-2010, 16:00   #173

Boat: CT 54... for our sins!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordMay View Post
I beg to differ, thinking the main purpose of skin is to keep the outside out.

While it sometimes seems like the main purpose of skin these days may be to sell magazines and movie tickets, its primary purpose is, naturally, to protect your insides.
Skin protects against infections. Infections from the outside world travel to our inside world in three ways-through our lungs, our intestines, and our skin. Since our skin has the most interface with the outside world, it has a protective quality to it in that the top layer of skin is a dead layer, which acts as a shield against outside invaders.
I thought all those things were secondary, after tattoos...

www.windwanderer.weebly.com
Old 24-09-2010, 16:23   #174

Boat: 41' Custom CC Cutter
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkJ View Post

We have just had a thread for a month of so how we are so critical but when goose number 100,000 writes a infantile post says "should I do it?" we all post nice replies to him saying yes. Instead of letting the twit grow their own brain.

Now we find this thread being turned into a 'Cruisers Forum are so nasty to Bumfizzles'!

Mark
It ain't about hating CF. Hey, weren't you the bloke who was raising cain about the IGNORE button being misplaced when CF did the software switch-off? You were praising it's worth. See, that's the button yer Mama was talking about when she told you, "If you can't say something nice, don't...."

Of course, you being an Ozlander, we know you were never a swab, being born with a Fosters in one hand, and a bottle of
in the other, screaming, "if they can't take a joke, &^$x 'em."

Please don't pee on the wee tender shoots.
Old 24-09-2010, 18:34   #175

Boat: Irwin 41 CC Ketch
It was Actually JamesS whom suggested a separate area to be called "The Bilge"

He, I and others were new to the forum and getting our hands slapped for our form of humor and interaction...enough so that he and I actually went elsewhere for a spell, searching for a place to call home...We both ended back here..His reasons are his own.... mine has more to do with the amount of traffic this site gets as much as anything..I also like the clean language and lack of general rudeness...but that's become secondary...This site will still have activity at 1 Am the other one does not.

I have changed my mind about the Bilge...Im not so sure its a good Idea...attitudes tend to spill over especially if one get cross threaded with another...and the other site is taken over half the time with nothing but bilge water.

I think the mods do a great job here...even tough I have been sent to my room with out dinner unfairly a few times..

Relationships are everything to me...everything else in life is just a tool to enhance them.
Old 24-09-2010, 19:04   #176
RTB

Boat: Hunter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillraining View Post

I think the mods do a great job here...even tough I have been sent to my room with out dinner unfairly a few times..
You should probably be sent to your room for that Avatar! It's the best one on 4 forums!

"The Bilge"...probably not a good idea. I'm just sayin you could go to SA if you want a fight.

Back to the Bums - it will be interesting to see how it goes with Ouest once they get underway. I can't imagine! But I bet it somehow works for them.
Old 24-09-2010, 19:33   #177

Boat: Makela,Ingrid38,Idora
Indeed

Quote:
I rub quite a few people the wrong way too around these kind of public discourses Pat...get over it and keep contributing..

You are right ...the Donate button is a silly reason to bug out of here.

I have yet to utilize the ignore button for more the one day...then I changed it back again... thinking myself immature to not be able to read the insights of someone with a different point of view.... that to them is just a justifiable as mine...and rightly so.

If it was constant and I felt depressed every time I logged on then yes I would wipe the dust off my sandals and never return..

As they say if we all agreed one of us isn't necessary..

I had you mixed up with the FreeBirds when I first heard of you so never followed your blog...once Tao set me straight on that I have enjoyed most all you sailing stuff anyway.

I to, spend too much time here but I don't mingle on the dock very well so all my sailing friends have come from sailing forms...I can honestly say I have made some that I hope to have the rest of my life...you may or may not become one of those if you don't hang out here enough for us to get acquainted...that could be a shame for both of us.

I think my sentiments ring with a great majority here.

Toughen up and stick around...Id be most grateful.

Get involved responding to a thread of YOUR interest insted of just ones with you as the center of topic and I think all this will melt away....Shoot jump on one I start and give me your honest opinion...I can take it...

All my best
Scott
What you said. The more responsibilities we accrue the less spontaneous we get. One day I am gonna bust a gasket and when I go I will just go. It's been done before...HMMMM

Todd
Old 24-09-2010, 19:42   #178

Boat: Makela,Ingrid38,Idora
Of Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettinthere View Post
So I'm a walking carcass?
Well if Gord is correct and he usually is, You feeling okay? For myself, I wish my carcass was on the boat and out of this chair.

Todd
Old 24-09-2010, 19:43   #179

Boat: PETERSON 44
Do they have a job? Maybe they are just doing great. splitting a hair here.
Old 26-09-2010, 19:58   #180

Boat: 382 Diesel Duck
Quote:
It was Actually JamesS whom suggested a separate area to be called "The Bilge"
I thought that was what the anchoring forum was used for ?

-Sven
Closed Thread