Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

View Poll Results: Would you use acupuncture/herbal medicine while cruising?
Yes, if I was ill 8 23.53%
Yes, as preventive medicine 13 38.24%
No way 11 32.35%
Don't know 2 5.88%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 16-08-2015, 05:01   #76

Re: Would You Use Alternative Health Care While Cruising?

I personaly wouldn't let ANYBODY touch me without a REAL medical degree.
I know one REAL Dr. who is also into the natural stuff who I would at least listen to.
I know somebody who thinks the are an acupuncturist (?), Took a course one night a week for a year, that's it no previous medical experience was a librarian at a public school. Opening her own practice as we speak.
Took her a year to learn to "treat" people, took me 5 years to become a fully papered brick layer! Something seriously wrong with this picture in my books when it takes longer to become a tradesman.

Siberianhusky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2015, 05:25   #77

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to weavis

Originally Posted by anotherT34C View Post
It's a cut and paste from the link he provided.

I'm not really interested in following a 'list of links'. Myself, I'm not a medical doctor, so I'm not qualified to judge the efficacy of medical claims. This is why I insist that you provide references to recognized scientific journals. I have no confidence in anything posted on, but I do have confidence in analysis published in a recognized reviewed scientific journal.

I work in a US government national lab. I have access to every legitimate scientific journal in the world. If you give me a reference, I'll look at it.

In the past few years more professionals have come forward to share a truth that, for many people, proves difficult to swallow. One such authority is Dr. Richard Horton, the current editor-in-chief of the Lancet – considered to be one of the most well respected peer-reviewed medical journals in the world.

Dr. Horton recently published a statement declaring that a lot of published research is in fact unreliable at best, if not completely false.

“The case against science is straightforward: much of the scientific literature, perhaps half, may simply be untrue. Afflicted by studies with small sample sizes, tiny effects, invalid exploratory analyses, and flagrant conflicts of interest, together with an obsession for pursuing fashionable trends of dubious importance, science has taken a turn towards darkness.” (source)

This is quite disturbing, given the fact that all of these studies (which are industry sponsored) are used to develop drugs/vaccines to supposedly help people, train medical staff, educate medical students and more.

It’s common for many to dismiss a lot of great work by experts and researchers at various institutions around the globe which isn’t “peer-reviewed” and doesn’t appear in a “credible” medical journal, but as we can see, “peer-reviewed” doesn’t really mean much anymore. “Credible” medical journals continue to lose their tenability in the eyes of experts and employees of the journals themselves, like Dr. Horton.

He also went on to call himself out in a sense, stating that journal editors aid and abet the worst behaviours, that the amount of bad research is alarming, that data is sculpted to fit a preferred theory. He goes on to observe that important confirmations are often rejected and little is done to correct bad practices. What’s worse, much of what goes on could even be considered borderline misconduct.

Dr. Marcia Angell, a physician and longtime Editor in Chief of the New England Medical Journal (NEMJ), which is considered to another one of the most prestigious peer-reviewed medical journals in the world, makes her view of the subject quite plain:

“It is simply no longer possible to believe much of the clinical research that is published, or to rely on the judgment of trusted physicians or authoritative medical guidelines. I take no pleasure in this conclusion, which I reached slowly and reluctantly over my two decades as an editor of the New England Journal of Medicine” (source)

I apologize if you have seen it before in my articles, but it is quite the statement, and it comes from someone who also held a position similiar to Dr. Horton.

There is much more than anecdotal evidence to support these claims, however, including documents obtained by Lucija Tomljenovic, PhD, from the Neural Dynamics Research Group in the Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences at the University of British Columbia, which reveal that vaccine manufacturers, pharmaceutical companies, and health authorities have known about multiple dangers associated with vaccines but chose to withhold them from the public. This is scientific fraud, and their complicity suggests that this practice continues to this day. (source)

This is just one of many examples, and alludes to one point Dr. Horton is referring to, the ommision of data. For the sake of time, I encourage you to do your own research on this subject. I just wanted to provide some food for thought about something that is not often considered when it comes to medical research, and the resulting products and theories which are then sold to us based on that research.

It’s truly a remarkable time to be alive. Over the course of human history, our planet has experienced multiple paradigm shifting realizations, all of which were met with harsh resistence at the time of their revelation. One great example is when we realized the Earth was not flat. Today, we are seeing these kinds of revelatory shifts in thinking happen in multiple spheres, all at one time. It can seem overwhelming for those who are paying attention, especially given the fact that a lot of these ideas go against current belief systems. There will always be resistance to new information which does not fit into the current framework, regardless of how reasonable (or factual) that information might be.

Editor In Chief Of World’s Best Known Medical Journal: Half Of All The Literature Is False | Collective-Evolution

So.... there you have it.

- Never test how deep the water is with both feet -
10% of conflicts are due to different opinions. 90% by the tone of voice.
Raise your words, not your voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder.
weavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2015, 18:08   #78

Boat: Irwin CC MKV 37

Yes I would and always do use alternative. Discovered a book "The Cure for all Diseases" by Hulda Regehr Clark Ph.D., N.D. in 2003 while experiencing acute intestinal pain. Basis is that all illness and disease is caused by parasites or pollution. Avoid pollution with natural recipes in book, and kill parasites with electricity (zapping), low voltage 2.5k hz to 30k hz. I have practiced the zapping since. Hard to avoid all the sources of food and air pollution but being aware of these sources helps. I am 57, never really sick these days, never in a hospital and take no medications. I do get annual check ups and the techs always start with Ok......what medications are you taking. I don't get a lot of excercise these days as my lifestyle has always been my way of staying fit. Ski patrolling at 10-12k feet, whitewater kayaking, backpacking, living in high alpine environment. Bought a boat moving aboard in a few days. We'll see........

tonewrone is offline   Reply With Quote

health care

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: