Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 18-04-2016, 08:40   #1

Boat: looking for the steel boat of our dreams, Bayfield 25
seeking a Kingston. Ont. broker

On the advice of many from the forums we are looking for the name of a broker in the Kingston. Ont area who could work as a buyers agent. We have found a boat there we are interested in but live 1/2 a continent away. Before we ourselves fly to look at the boat it was recommended we hire our own dealer in the area who could check out the boat for us. Any recommendations/assistance would be appreciated. Thanks CF folks.
48d north is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2016, 18:01   #2

Boat: Mid size sloop rigged
Re: seeking a Kingston. Ont. broker

You could maybe try Pat Sturgeon Yachts out of Toronto. It's two and a half hours away, but I think they know boats and shouldn't be as involved in the sale as a Kingston dealer might be.

For a surveyor, there's a guy on here who's actually fairly active on this forum and has maybe already contacted you from PC Marine Surveys, I believe the company is called. They have a decent reputation locally, although I'm not sure what their specialty is.

Might be a couple of good starting points for your research any way.

Sent from my XP7700 using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Ungvar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2016, 18:55   #3

Boat: Bristol 45.5
Re: seeking a Kingston. Ont. broker

You might also check with Harris and Ellis Yachts. They have a broker who lives in the Kingston area. I have no personal experience with the Kingston person but Dave Harris, the principal, is a very knowledgeable person.
Didn't get off to Newfoundland as hoped this summer. The post-circumnavigation refit has taken longer than expected. Still a few things to do, but basically Ainia is looking like a new boat (well sort of).
AiniA is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: