My wife and I bought our second boat that was on the other side of the continent. The owner had put a serious effort into selling it, they created a website and had a very extensive listing of parts
, and equptment. They had it on the market for two years, we just decided to make a lowball offer, and they were receptive to it. We haggled on a price, and came up with a number.
They were a little wierded out that we would make an offer on a boat that we hadn't seen, but the equiptment list was so extensive and we priced in the major turnoffs like replacing teak
decks. I also did a ton of research
on the boat, and My wife and I really loved the style and size. So basically if it looked like the pictures and everything worked we'd buy it. The owners also had a survey from a few years back.
I don't really believe in surveys, I'm probably going to have to fix everything at somepoint anyways so I don't need to know that the flares need upgraded.
It was crazy stressful leading up to leaving, and only my wife could make it down. So she went down, it looked like it did in the photos, had everything on the list, it floated and the motor
ran. Boat bought.
Have a little faith man. You can't force boat buying
, if it's meant to be, it's meant to be. We've tried way harder to negotiate sales on a worse boats for higher prices and it went no where.
I say do your back ground work, ask for lots of pictures and old surveys, research
owners groups/owner opinions. If it's good go for it, but beware if it sounds too good to be true it probably is. Also use a reputable broker, talk to them and research them. You should be OK.