Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-11-2012, 06:02   #31

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Jeanneau Sun Fast 40.3
Re: Putting Boat into LLC or Trust

Slightly off subject, but have any of you given any thought to what would happen to your partner if you died while sailing off-shore? If you are listed as the captain, your partner might not be allowed to leave with the boat. Since your partner is not the captain.

WE carry a notarized statement which says that in case of my (I happen to be listed as captain) incapacitation or death or being missing (say fall overboard) then my wife automatically becomes master of the vessel with all the rights and privileges accorded that position, including, but not limited to: sailing the vessel to any port of her choice, transport of the vessel by third party, sale of vessel.

Think about it

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=carsten...ref=nb_sb_noss

Our books have gotten 5 star reviews on Amazon. Several readers have written "I never thought I would go on a circumnavigation, but when I read these books, I was right there in the cockpit with Vinni and Carsten"
carstenb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 08:09   #32

Re: Putting Boat into LLC or Trust

Everything my wife and I own is in our trust, EXCEPT Seraph...No particular reason other than govt hassle to do so.

My advise is to be 100% sure that you carry a copy of page 1 of your trust. It defines who are the owners of the trust. And know the trust name EXACTLY..

Cape Dory 25D Seraph
rtbates is offline   Reply With Quote