Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-11-2008, 15:35   #1

Boat: Lagoon 37
Online Data Entry

Has anyone used any of the many online data entry businesses. They say it is easy and can be done from any where. But I realize they are also alot of scams out there, so looking for anyone who has had success, or experience
https://www.sailblogs.com/member/svjusdreaming/
"The only way to get a good crew is to marry one." -Eric Hiscock
JusDreaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 04:49   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusDreaming View Post
Has anyone used any of the many online data entry businesses. They say it is easy and can be done from any where. But I realize they are also alot of scams out there, so looking for anyone who has had success, or experience
I don't have experience in data entry - although i think i did do a little research on the topic a while back - seems like if they want to charge you up front to work for them, then they aren't very concerned about your success. If they pay you w/ you paying nothing up front, then they are legit. I've tried/looked @ alot of get rich easy money schemes - I've come to the conclusion - making money typically requires hard work/capital/ discipline. & maybe being unethical you can make some dollars in the short term - but in the long term it will come back to haunt a person. there aren't any get rich schemes that I know of that work. If you find one, please let me know.

I went to a real estate investment seminar - they go give us $10,000 and we'll show you how to make loads of money. I go well if you are going to show me how to make loads of money - why don't you just take the $10,000 out of the load of money I am going to make. They give me the typical response of they dont' know how motivated I am.
tennis4789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 05:06   #3

Boat: Liberty 28 Custom Cutter - "Native Dancer" For Sale
My wife can walk into any "Temp"-agency like Kelly Temps and get a job almost instantly. Of course, she knows how to type 60 wpm and knows data-entry. A lot of the data entry jobs are like medical-records, etc. and are done on-site because of confidentiality, etc. They also use their own software. She wants to get a job down in Florida once we're on our boat again and settled in. Keeps her busy and I get to spend all the money she makes... not! She only works for facials and massages. She'd probably make a pretty poor homeless person holding up a sign that said that, however!!!
Liberty28 is offline   Reply With Quote