Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Life Aboard a Boat > Boat Ownership & Making a Living
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-11-2017, 05:35   #1

Boat: '90 Jeanneau Voyage 12.5
New boat shipping, crating, commissioning charges

I've never really thought much about it (never bought a new boat) until comparing several quotes from dealers recently and seeing huge variation on the fees associated with freight, commissioning, etc with the vessel.

Is there a standard list price from the manufacturer for each geography and has anyone seen it? It seems like the rates charged in the US are far more reasonable vs Asia as well... One dealer in Asia tried quoting me 77k EUROS for freight charges from Beneteau to Malaysia... then changed it to 40k... Still in what I classify, "let's hope the customer is a stupid idiot" category.

Any idea what actual fees are from the manufacturers to dealers in terms of ballpark # or %?
sandrunner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boat, shipping