Originally Posted by Lake-Effect
- I presume the hired skipper arranges the (paid or unpaid) help. I assume that makes the skipper liable for that crews' wellbeing, AND liable for any errors made by the crew?
- Do skippers themselves carry insurance that would cover loss if it's lost while in the skipper's care and control?
- In the mentioned case where the hired skipper laid off the crew then totalled the boat... who did pay off in that case?
1. The hired skipper hires his crews on the behalf of the owner. The owners pays.
2. I have never seen or heard any professional delivery captain
carries their own professional liability insurance unless he has a legal
entity. They rely on the owner's boat insurance. Obviously, it depends on what their contract
3. The above case, Sh*t out of luck for the boat owner and his insurance company. Of course, the owner or his insurance company can go after the delivery captain