Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-05-2017, 22:31   #1

Boat: Currently Shopping, & Heavily in LUST!
HELP... a Luddite Post Pics on a Photo Hosting/Sharing Site

Luddite alert! Help, I'm stuck in a late 90's technology mindset

Okay, hopefully I've gotten your attention... in a good way.
So here's the deal. I've got a bunch of stuff that I want to sell to help to finance my sailing dreams. But... I'm a decade or two behind on certain technology. Specifically, knowing how to easily post pics to a photo hosting/sharing website. Not so much to CF's classified's section, but online in general.

In the past I've always uploaded a few pics to a Photobucket account from my laptop. This after taking them with a camera, & uploading them onto my computer via a USB cable. And then I copy & paste the link from the hosting website in a post.

Yeah, laborious, slow, & a pain in the rear. Plus, for whatever reason, Photobucket seems to be about the slowest website I visit, bar none. So I could use a better option, pic hosting wise.

Also, what hardware & or software makes this process easy & painless? Hopefully without too much $ outlay, or verticality to the learning curve. And yeah, factor into this my knowing virtually nada about smart phones too.

Pretend I have zero hardware, or experience in knowing how to use it. And then suggest what you might/do use, why you'd use that method(s), & the pro's & con's of such.
I want to be able to upload pics in relative bulk, fast!

Thanks in advance, for aiding with my Spring Cleaning/Kitty Building!

The Uncommon Thing, The Hard Thing, The Important Thing (in Life): Making Promises to Yourself, And Keeping Them.
UNCIVILIZED is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
photo