Good weather can present itself at any month, but there seems to be more "northers" blowing for days at a time in the winter. By march these become less frequent, but your success will be most likely if you remain flexible. If you are prepared to cross from Lake Worth
Inlet and the weather doesn't allow, then you can take the casual trip down to Lauderdale and anchor
in Lake Sylvia. If it's still not favorable, you can take a day down to Miami
. These moves, while waiting for better weather, will present you with a more favorable vector with the Gulfstream aiding your passage
. Some don't choose this strategy because they are troubled by all the bridges on the ICW
. This is a consideration. Some, like myself, have no problem with bridges. I like to choose Pelican Harbor as an overnight anchorage between Palm Beach & Lauderdale and make very easy days during the poor weather waiting.