I'm new here on the site and trying to get info on buying
a used sailboat in Singapore
. I've found one I want but the first owner cancelled the French Certificate of Registration
that came with the new vessel. He never reregistered the boat and neither did the 2nd (present) owner. Questions:
1. Does a boat legally need to have a Cert of Reg if operating in Singapore
or SE Asian waters?
2. There's no AIS
on the boat, do I need a Cert of Reg to get one?
3. Is there any advantage to registering it in Singapore?
4. If I do, do I need to pay the 7% GST?
5. Is it compulsory to license
it for Singapore waters and do I need a Cert of Reg to license
6. If I register it in Langkawi as advised to do, can it stay in Singapore without having to leave and return with a foreign stamp like in Thailand
7. Can anyone recommend a good vendor for the AIS
and I also want to install A/C.
Any other advice or thoughts are very much appreciated.