Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-04-2013, 12:25   #16
֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎

Re: Broker in Florida

Guys, I would most strongly suggest you get your ducks in a row and get used to asking single separate questions without any jargon.

SSR a boat? What's that?

1986 HC? Again, what's that?

If you can't be totally clear about what and how you are doing, you WILL get screwed up in the paperwork, the taxes, the permits as well.

If you can't figure out VAT and import rules, and don't know your schedule, you probably will lose 7-8% on your purchase price when you wind up paying Florida sales tax. And more, if you mess that up and get hit with penalties and interest.

Really, figure out the paperwork and get it ALL in order, before you go looking for a boat. You really can wind up buying a boat, and then having the damned thing confiscated and losing it all. Among other expenses.
hellosailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 15:40   #17

Hello Sailor, and I thought the whole idea of having a forum was having the opportunity to discuss a range of issues and benefiting from other people's experiences. I don,t think anyone out there has the wealth of knowledge that you obviously seem to think you have in dealing with officialdom in every foreign country you care to point a boat at. Yes, and America is foreign to some of out here. Of all the reply,s to the posts I,ve read so far, 95percent have been very knowledgeable and helpful on the issue at hand. Whereas 5percent like yourself, tend to dwell on the negative side of things. So I,d suggest you line up your ducks in your bathtub, and brush up on your abbreviations on yachting terminology . I,m pretty clear on where I want to be, just asking around on the best way to go about some issues that I haven't dealt with before. Got to learn sometime..Happy days..
yamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 19:15   #18
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSboatman View Post
on the other hand, FWIW - I did have quite a positive experience with the surveyor - Jonathon Sands of Atlantic Marine Group. I think they are based in Ft. Lauderdale, but he had no problem coming to Tarpon Springs to help me (and get paid of course). Good communicator, relatively thorough report, and responsive to inquiries and requests.
I second Jonathan Sands
FLLCatsailor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
florida