Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-02-2012, 08:45   #1

Boat: Hunter 42
Boat Insurance for the Caribbean

We will be sailing to the Western Caribbean this spring and summer with plans to leave the boat in Rio Dulce August until April then sail on to...
Boat US only covers down to Mexico, anyone have suggestions for insurance south of that?

Roy
wahoo40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2012, 10:40   #2

Boat: Wildcat 35, Hobie 33
Re: Boat Insurance for the Caribbean

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoo40 View Post
We will be sailing to the Western Caribbean this spring and summer with plans to leave the boat in Rio Dulce August until April then sail on to...
Boat US only covers down to Mexico, anyone have suggestions for insurance south of that?

Roy
I currently use Offshore Risk Management (ORM) as a broker. See Marine Insurance Boat Insurance Marina Insurance Boatyard Insurance Crusing Insurance Watersports Specialty Parasailing Insurance from Offshore Risk Management. I switched to them a couple of years ago because they found, by far, the best price for me for commercial use coverage. My insured navigation area is the NW & SW Carib.

I live on the Rio and keep my boat(s) here during hurricane season.

Come on down!
belizesailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2012, 10:50   #3

Boat: Beneteau 423

Quote:

Roy
A friend mine was looking for similar coverage and our agent at Admiralty Insurance said she could help. I think my friend ended up getting their insurer to cover what they needed but you might check at Admiralty if it is still a problem for you.
hlev00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:45   #4

Boat: Hunter 42

Thanks for the information. We have a list of 3 from Boat US and will add ORM to it. BelizeSailor are you from Belize? My family is from Belize and we moved to New Orleans when I was 16. Have been back many times but this is the first in our own boat. Looking forward to meeting up with you.
wahoo40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 14:11   #5
Elvish meaning 'Far-Wanderer'

Boat: 56' Fountaine Pajot Marquises

I really recommend my agent. He has done a great job of shopping around for the best rate and policy. This year my insurance went down 50% compared to last year.

Joe Kolisch
Kolisch Marine Insurance
1020 Bayamo Avenue Coral Gables, FL 33146 USA Phone 305-992-3482 Fax 305-424-9358 joe@kolisch.net www.kolischmarine.com
Old 04-03-2012, 14:20   #6

Boat: Rhodes 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palarran
I really recommend my agent. He has done a great job of shopping around for the best rate and policy. This year my insurance went down 50% compared to last year.

Joe Kolisch
Kolisch Marine Insurance
1020 Bayamo Avenue Coral Gables, FL 33146 USA Phone 305-992-3482 Fax 305-424-9358 joe@kolisch.net www.kolischmarine.com
+1 on Joey Kolisch
Richard Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 18:03   #7

Boat: Wildcat 35, Hobie 33

Quote:
Thanks for the information. We have a list of 3 from Boat US and will add ORM to it. BelizeSailor are you from Belize? My family is from Belize and we moved to New Orleans when I was 16. Have been back many times but this is the first in our own boat. Looking forward to meeting up with you.
I am not originally from Belize, but have lived and worked in Belize off-and-on since 2005.

Have a Belizean friend visiting here on the Rio Dulce, who was born in Placencia...he left there as a kid in 1950! Way different back then.

You Better Belize It!
belizesailor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Caribbean, insurance