Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-07-2014, 03:10   #1

Boat: Amel Santorin, 46
Best brokers/sites for bluewater boat in Europe

Hi all, my wife and I are currently searching for a Europe-based boat for long-distance cruising, 38-42 feet. We have been combing yachtworld.com of course, and broker sites like berthon.co.uk. Our focus has been on the UK, Holland and the Med so far. We want to find a boat that is somewhere in Europe because we live in Sweden, and don't want to it to be too far away for equipping, etc. On the other hand, it seems like prices in the rest of Europe are often lower than Sweden, which is why we are looking abroad.

My question: does anyone have any other brokerages or sites to recommend, that specialize in or have a good selection of long-distance/bluewater cruisers? Our hope is to find a well-equipped boat where the big investments have already been made.

Any input greatly appreciated!

Best,
Patrick
PatrickG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2014, 03:40   #2

Boat: Jeanneau SO 43 DS
Re: Best brokers/sites for bluewater boat in Europe

Now is a very good time to buy a boat, especially a sailboat, in Europe. With a lovely sailboat for sale ourselves, I can tell you lots of folks are surfing yachtworld.com but can guarantee brokers are not getting inquiries. People are not buying--which is all good for you.

In much of the Med moorings & prices change at 8m, 10m, 12m, 14 or 15, and so on so when looking, remember the cost to moor a 11.8m boat will be considerably less than a 12.2m boat. You might also consider shopping in places with expensive mooring, such as the Balearics, where you may find good value to buy & then take the boat to a less expensive area.

Have a look at this one: she is a gem with all new instrumentation. She would need canvas for long distance cruising, but has the hull strength you're looking for. 1986 Beneteau First 375 Sail Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com
Prairie Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 08:31   #3

Boat: Catalina 30 MkII
Re: Best brokers/sites for bluewater boat in Europe

I just delivered a very nice '03 Wauquiez Centurion 45, "Arwen" from Corfu Greece to Lymington, England. Fantastic boat, fast, seaworthy and comfortable.
She is currently for sale at "Berthon Yachts" in Lymington. She is well found, loaded with extras, and worth a look... They are an excellent brokerage and not "too far" from you, and they have a WIDE range of yachts for sale, if I was in the market in Europe, I'd give them a ring.

Tags
Europe, rope, rss, water