I have a job that requires a reliable Phone Service
and high speed Internet
Connection needs to be extremely reliable as well as Phone Service
as this type of job involves being on call during shifts.
The locations that I'm interested in going are the out islands of the Bahamas
(Abaco, Exuma, Eleuthera, etc)
I'm trying to sell the idea that I can work from the islands in Bahamas
, but I need to know some facts / users experiences. Below are some questions I'm trying to answer so that I can pitch
this idea to my boss.
1. Which Island would provide the most reliable internet connection and phone service?
2. When do power outages / reliability
issues typically occur (summer/ winter, nights/days)? I'm assuming these are the main causes of internet / phone connection failures.
3. How often does power go out per island?
4. How often does internet go out per Island?
5. What Internet service provider offers the fastest most reliable service?
6. What are the typical internet speeds and when are peak times for slow usage? An easy qualification is can you stream Netflix or not (>1.5mbs)
Any feedback on this stuff would be greatly appreciated. Wish me luck.