Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 10-01-2012, 04:37   #16

Boat: Lagoon 440
Re: Aussie Insurance - Adams 45 Steel Cutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Monty View Post
Thanks for the sage advice...as I am sure everyone can see that collective wisdom, thought and opinion is invaluable information. Thank god most of us still believe in sharing information. I hope to be able to contribute back soon!...maybe details of this first time project.

...yes, she is Chenaningan...do you know her?

Monty
Congratulations ,,, round bilge or chine? Joe was a friend i built 7 of his yachts .... Cheers Frank.

Old 13-01-2012, 12:50   #17

Boat: Adams 45 Steel Masthead Cutter
Thanks Frank,

It's chine. Can you assist e in finding any specs or plans? I want to digitize in it CAD to conserve the information.

Regards

Monty

Old 13-01-2012, 13:13   #18

I dont have a single drawing left,(too long ago) it was too long ago. As far as i know Graeme Radford would be the best to talk to short of running an advert in trade-a-boat requesting old drawings.

Joe only gave you a lines plan, body plan and about 4 others, they were quite basic compared to Van-de-stat etc.

I only built one chine boat of his it was the 36ft motorsailer. The rest were round bilge.

There was a great yacht Hagar the Horrible out of Sydney it was a 40 chined boat owned by Gunter, i sailed around the Whitsundays quite a bit.

You wont be disappointed they are fantastic boats DESIGNED FOR AUSTRALIA!!!
Cheers Mate.
Old 13-01-2012, 16:48   #19

Boat: Adams 45 Steel Masthead Cutter
Thanks Frank, i actually spoke to Graeme Radford and he gave me the name of the bloke that purchased the Adams Yachts company some years ago...who then wound it up. I will keep at it.
As per original post - I am a first time yacht owner looking to get into this....now that work focus is not important. I never really did know much about Joe Adams and his designs when searching...just stumbled upon this old girl that needed a little TLC. I first saw her on hard stands and straight away was taken back by what were such beautiful lines....despite not really knowing what I was looking at! I am currently in the thick of getting her seaworthy again so the positive words are very reassuring. I am hearing other similar reports. Therefore if I stick it out, give the girl what she needs...then she will repay me with sailing pleasure?

Regards Monty
Old 13-01-2012, 17:33   #20

Sound great, Monty do it properly no shortcuts and you will have a yacht that will never let you down.
Joes designs are strong and seaworthy if you spend time and do it properly you will never lose on your investment. Please send piccies to mailfrank@mail.com so i can comment. cheers Frank
Old 13-01-2012, 17:54   #21

Boat: 38' Hughes S&S design

I have a 1980 38 foot FibreGlass. Club Marine where extremly helpful in getting everything sorted for full coverage insurance i.e. survey requirements. We had a full survey conducted and insurance was issued no problems. I dont want to make a claim but I feel better for having insurance to cover my boat, and salvage if it becomes a sub, and third party.

I would be interested to know which insurance companies are best for making a claim with as this is always the most important thing when all goes pear shape.

All the marinas insist on insurance. So wherever we go at least there is no issues getting a berth.

The premiums were reasonable in my opinion. I sleep easier at night!

Scott
Old 13-01-2012, 19:42   #22

Boat: Traditional 30

Strangely, I found the good NRMA to be the best insurer for my last boat. I have used QBE, ClubMarine and Anchorage in the past. But NRMA seem the be good value and they are always easy to get along with. My worst experience was with Anchorage Marine, who dragged out a broken mast claim for some months with the help of a very obnoxious assessor. Thats one thing I really do like about NRMA, is that they dont make you feel like a criminal if you claim.

I know this didn't answer any of your questions, But its some food for thought hopefully.

ozskipper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adams, adams 45, cutter

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: