Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-04-2016, 19:06   #1

Anybody want to have an adventure?

I am looking for two or three people to share the costs in buying a French 40/45 ft catamaran in October 2016. My idea is that we sail it around the Carribean and conclude this once in a lifetime adventure selling the boat east of Australia having visited the Galapagos Islands, French Polynesia , the Cook Islands etc on the way.

We would sell the boat in October 2017 , below market price if necessary to avoid the cyclone season. I would expect each co-owner (including myself) to loose about US $15K if there are four of us buying and equipping a $270K boat.
On top of this there are living expenses, visas flights, customs , repairs, fuel, etc.

The amount of time each co-owner will spend aboard would be by mutual agreement. Friends and family would also be able/encouraged to join the boat depending on berth availability.
Initial sailing experience and other skills are not essential but you will need to contribute a positive spirit, keenness to learn and a belief in the project.
Bear in mind it will be a catamaran so we must keep baggage and weight to a minimum..

I have done something similar before and will gladly supply both character and financial references to serious applicants as I would expect them to supply references to me.
For something like this to work we have to trust each other and be aware that sailing is a very expensive hobby and things can go very wrong so I do not want anybody spending their life savings.

I look forward to any comments and questions that you and the rest of the sailing community may have.
Bob_a_p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 06:13   #2
cruiser

Boat: beneteau catameran blue 2
Re: Anybody want to have an adventure?

I am interested in this let meknow if you still want to do this.
doug45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 12:20   #3

Re: Anybody want to have an adventure?

Very much still interested , I am travelling in Europe Email address robertapattinson@gmail.com Can you email me something about yourself, for something like this to work well complete honesty is required.
Sorry I can not seem to private message you which I would much preferred to have done.
Cheers
Rob
Bob_a_p is offline   Reply With Quote