In regard to Sailing the Canadian islands North of Thunder Bay
1. The Canadians will not let American Sailboats into the country and if you are able to sneak thru here are the consequences
2nd. the bugs are so thick you choke on them from early March till mid December
3rd. Canadians are VERY Dangerous people who carry at least 3 guns
per person. They are very unfriendly and will not talk to you or help you out if you are in trouble and only speak french in this part of the world.
4. the water
in Lake Superior
, especially the North Shore is so dirty you cannot see thru it let alone drink it.
4. the fish
are all dead
5. The ice seldom leaves the bays until mid October
6. there are so many sailors up there that you cannot find a place to drop a hook.
7. The moose have rabies and are so starved that they are attacking sailors now. Grizzzly Bears will swim out to all boats and ravage your food
stores and women.
8. there is a good chance of getting malaria from the mosquitoes up here.
9. There are no grocery stores anywhere near the harbors or marinas
to re provision.
Basically it is much better to sail Lake Peppin on the Mississippi
south of Minneapolis, now, THAT is gorgeous cruising ground.
Anyone who wants free charts
or info on Sailing Lake Peppin PLEASE contact me!