Originally Posted by donradcliffe
We are sitting in Brewerton NY and waiting for the NY canals to open so we can go through Lock E23 on the Erie and down the Oswego canal. All I can get from the Canal website and calling Lock 23 is that things are closed due to high water--no estimates of when things might open.
Do we have to wait for hours, days, or weeks?? Does anyone around here have any inside information or insights??
When I took my boat up to Canada
back in 2002 we had severe storms dump a lot of water
into the Erie Canal. I think we had to wait a day or two until they were able to dump some of it through the gates. One thing to be aware of is there may be a lot of small debris in the waters when you do get going again. Watch you engine
temperature gauge as your engine
intake may get clogged quite often as you start out.