Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-08-2013, 17:21   #1

C&C 36

Does anyone have any experience with a C&C 36?

I am planning on buying one next year. Club racing next year, then distance solo racing.

Thanks,

JB
DrJMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 17:46   #2

Boat: CSY 44 Tall rig Sold!
Re: C&C 36

What year? I own a vintage 40 time ago, i can only give you some tips and tricks if is a old model....
neilpride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 07:02   #3
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Bob Perry’s reviews:

Robert Perry Review - C&C 36

C&C 36

BoatingWorld Staff review: ➥ Boating World Magazine | The Leader in Recreational Trailerboating

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 16:57   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilpride View Post
What year? I own a vintage 40 time ago, i can only give you some tips and tricks if is a old model....
I'm looking for a mid 1980's boat.
Old 09-08-2013, 17:01   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordMay View Post
Thanks, I'm looking for a mid 1980's boat. I think the C&C 36 is a blend of speed, and do inside comfort.
Old 09-08-2013, 17:32   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordMay View Post
Thanks, that last article was one I have not seen.
Old 09-08-2013, 17:33   #7

Boat: CSY 44 Tall rig Sold!

Ahh a 1980 model, from my experience with tradewinds 2 a c&c 40 of the same era is , the boat sail very well, i guess the 36 to, good windward ability, point very well upwind, easy at the helm, good balance if you dont push the boat to hard, i guess you fall in love with the hull lines, it have a sturdy and confy interior, the nav station for this size is a bonus, all the deck gear if is the original and well maintained is top quality, if i remember i bought my boat with Schaefer gear , and merriman , hold very well the years of use , its easy to dock in tight spaces, very responsive, a good boat, now it come the dark side of the history....

Like any boat of this era, special c&c`s , is imperative that you check the boat very well, c&c are cored to the bones, hull and deck with balsa, its almost 24 years , time enough if previous owners made mistakes or neglect the maintenance to get a wrecked hull or deck, no kidding, 6,6 draft is also someting to check , this boats are famous for keel smile at forward edge, nothing to worry if is a small crack, if no crack, congratulations....if previows owners race this boat hard, check bulkheads and furniture, chainplates atachments, hope dont have the original Universal puff puff, rudder stock to, its easy with time to see a loose tabbing around the post, anyway is agreat boat, but i recommend you a good surveyor, keel , rudder, hull, and the original rod rigging are the vital points to check very well in this boat, my opinion from a previous c&c owner....Enjoy the boat ....
neilpride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 18:31   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilpride View Post
Ahh a 1980 model, from my experience with tradewinds 2 a c&c 40 of the same era is , the boat sail very well, i guess the 36 to, good windward ability, point very well upwind, easy at the helm, good balance if you dont push the boat to hard, i guess you fall in love with the hull lines, it have a sturdy and confy interior, the nav station for this size is a bonus, all the deck gear if is the original and well maintained is top quality, if i remember i bought my boat with Schaefer gear , and merriman , hold very well the years of use , its easy to dock in tight spaces, very responsive, a good boat, now it come the dark side of the history....

Like any boat of this era, special c&c`s , is imperative that you check the boat very well, c&c are cored to the bones, hull and deck with balsa, its almost 24 years , time enough if previous owners made mistakes or neglect the maintenance to get a wrecked hull or deck, no kidding, 6,6 draft is also someting to check , this boats are famous for keel smile at forward edge, nothing to worry if is a small crack, if no crack, congratulations....if previows owners race this boat hard, check bulkheads and furniture, chainplates atachments, hope dont have the original Universal puff puff, rudder stock to, its easy with time to see a loose tabbing around the post, anyway is agreat boat, but i recommend you a good surveyor, keel , rudder, hull, and the original rod rigging are the vital points to check very well in this boat, my opinion from a previous c&c owner....Enjoy the boat ....
Thanks for the help. It goods to talk to someone who has owned a boat.