Old 12-12-2007, 17:34   #1

Boat: Westsail 32
Westsail 32 in Singapore for Sale

Click image for larger version

Name:	mico_glory.jpg
Views:	571
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	2214

OK so here's the tip: there's a Westsail 32 coming onto the market very soon offered at a ridiculous price. She's been an incredible boat for four years but here 'youngish' owners have foolishly decided to return to the so-called-real-world again.

She's currently lying in Singapore after three glorious months in Indonesia this year.

Here's the thing - you're probably thinking to yourself that this boat must be in seriously tough shape. Actually the crazy thing is that nearly everything is working great - including the reliable blue Mrs. Perkins who even got a new heat exchanger this year.

This yacht is no gold plater by any stretch of the imagination but do you really give a sh*t - aren't you getting out there to be out there? That said she's always had the most loving care, has a rig by Brion Toss and sails by Carol Hasse's Port Townsend Sails Team (crazy expense for a Westsail 32 but we've always put our money where it counts). You'll even get a new-this-year reefer ... ahh cold beers on the hook in a torquise lagoon.

Everything you need to cruise is included with this yacht - too much to list her but EVERYTHING - weather gear">foul weather gear, spares, crockery, many charts, cruising / fixing-things books. I'm mostly only taking my tools, souvenirs and grubby yachty togs with me.

At what price you ask - so here it is - $35,000 USD (extremely-firm). First one to get to Singapore and write me a check wins her. GO!!

(full sale website in the works but for now you can read about what she's done / where or contact us for more info):

http://www.micoverde.com/

Contact the seller: mywestsail@gmail.com

Name:	lizard_aussie.jpg
Views:	381
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	2215

Name:	spinnaker_up.jpg
Views:	489
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	2213

Name:	downwind_leg.jpg
Views:	545
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	2216
Old 12-12-2007, 19:45   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Now boatless :-(
I'm here already. Does that make me first?

Seriously, I might be seriously interested. I also have a close friend on the hunt for a sailboat.

Where are you lying? I can drag my buddy and myself along for a look tonight or tomorrow. Money can be done in 3-5 days.
Old 16-12-2007, 16:14   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Attention forum members!

Are you saving penies for that dream cruise? - Have you got 1, 2 or even 3 years before you cut the lines?

Take a serious look at this deal. Buy the boat, fly to Singapore and be in some of the coolest cruising grounds in the world in a month.

I stopped by to see Mico Verde last week and she is all that Warren says she is. Warren and Steph are a great couple and have had some tremendous adventures. The boat is in great shape and you can pretty much step aboard and go cruising.

I can tell you that the price on this boat represents great value for the mark and in no way reflects any issues with the boat. Warren and Steph are pretty much interested in a quick sale.

As for me? My partner and I decided that with our combined crew of 7 that we still need a little more space. For a couple the boat is fantastic! There is plenty of headroom downstairs and probably room to have a couple of guests for short periods.
Old 16-12-2007, 17:45   #4

Boat: Flicka
Send a message via AIM to conrad
Best place to get a deal on an airline ticket from the east coast of theUSA and approximate price. Can the boat be kept is current location How much to keep moored and permits necessary to sail where she is
Old 16-12-2007, 19:58   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Best way from US east coast is Singapore Airlines, direct Newark to Singapore. maybe not the best price but you could be here in about 19 hours - LOL. For best price look to China Airlines, Japan Airlines (codesahre with American), or maybe Northwest via Minneapolis.
Old 16-12-2007, 21:10   #6

Current location ...

Thanks for the very kind remarks Dan! It was great to meet you and the entourage last week.

To the question above - the yacht is currently in Raffles Marina Singapore (new Johor second link bridge). She can basically stay here forever (I hope not tho - she's a sea dog at heart) - there's tons of space in here at the moment.

Raffles is a pretty nice spot for a rest but a little out of the way in terms of MRT access (there's a free shuttle to Boon Lay four times daily).

Just drop me a line for more details at mywestsail@gmail.com

cheers, -Warren
Mico Verde Yacht Sailing Blog Journals
Old 16-12-2007, 21:13   #7

moorage price and "permits"

FYI - the price for the slip varies tremendously depending on how long you stay. For every 10 nights you stay you pay 7.

Permits - you technically need a "cruising permit" to cruise Singapore waters. Realistically most folks are just using S'Pore as a stopover for somewere else although there are one or two spots you can anchor for the night near reclaimed islands etc. The strait is not what I would call a dream destination. The Indo islands are an easy daysail away - Malaysia and Thailand a little farther via day-hops.

-Warren
Old 16-12-2007, 22:33   #8

Hi - quite a few folks have emailed asking about an equipment inventory. Here's a prelimary list:

Mico Verde Yacht Sailing Blog Journals: Yacht Sale Inventory

-Warren
SY Mico Verde
Old 17-12-2007, 06:34   #9

Here's a few more shots of the boat:

Mico Verde Yacht Sailing Blog Journals: Westsail 32 Photos
Old 20-12-2007, 06:36   #10

One more shot of Mico and crew

One for more the road - courtesy of Capt. Fatty Goodlander (from our time in Vanuatu):

Old 20-12-2007, 11:02   #11

Boat: Tayana 37
Send a message via Yahoo to ughmo2000
I always enjoyed reading the logs of your travels.

We're she not so far away I'd jump on her in a heartbeat! The price your asking is just killin me! (uggghhhhh!!)

Best of luck!
Old 21-12-2007, 04:38   #12
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Ahhh, Cap'n Fatty - what a guy!

The Downside of Circumnavigating ~ By Cap'n Fatty Goodlander (2005)
Cruising World - The Downside of Circumnavigating

and more great Cap'n Fatty articles: Cruising World

Old 21-12-2007, 05:29   #13

Before I fly off to see some yacht I would ask for 100's of close in digital photos 5- 7mega pixel so that I could see all of it and the condition.

Pix lie a lot less than some owner motivated to sell. And they cost nothing and can be emailed. It wouldn't take but 1 hr to do a detailed photo survey... of everything.. engine.. every locker, deck fitting, winches stanchion and so on.

If the pix look ok THEN you can make a trip and have a local surveyor available who knows his stuff too.
Old 21-12-2007, 06:07   #14

Right on defjef!

Seriously though - here's some notes about everything I learned not to do last time around boat shopping too:

Boat buying tips
Old 22-12-2007, 09:13   #15

pirate Mico for Sale :(

Hey Warren & Stephanie. Sorry to hear you are putting Mico up for Sale. We have enjoyed tracking your adventures after our shared experiences in the south pacifc. I have attached a picture taken from our departure from Hiva Oa! All the best with your future endeavors.

Mike, Kelly, Bennett & Taryn
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	MicoVerde.jpg
Views:	439
Size:	20.7 KB
ID:	2312  

Tags
Singapore