Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > General Classifieds (no boats)
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-06-2019, 21:25   #1

Boat: Nordic 44
Used Iridium 9505a Sat Phone For Sale

Up for sale is a used Iridium 9505a Satellite Phone with accessories. I purchased this phone for a bluewater adventure from Hawaii to Alaska, down the Inside Passage and back to Hawaii. The phone worked great and I downloaded weather and email(via OCENS) every day with this phone. No complaints.

At the time I was not full time cruiser, but now that I am, I have gone to an Iridium Go and an unlimited monthly data plan (via OCENS). It works well for cruising the South Pacific as I need to download weather sometimes two to three times a day.

I am currently spending the season in the Marshall Islands replacing solar panels and hatches so it's time to clean house and let this sat phone go to a new home.

The sat phone was purchased from GMPCS Personal Communications and comes with the manual, soft leather case, four international adapters (still wrapped in plastic), a US AC power supply, antenna adapter, a data adapter(attaches to an Iridium 9505A satellite phone and provides a connection for a serial cable) and and a Edgeport/1 USB Converter serial cable. The Edgeport converter was recommended by OCENS for use of downloading large amounts of data quickly to reduce air time.

Everything sold for $150 or best offer PLUS shipping. Shipping from Majuro, Marshall Islands via USPS - large flat rate box. I could do FED EX, but that would be pricey. I have had a lot of boat parts shipped here and feel the post office is quite good considering location.

Please email with questions. Serious inquiries only. Payment via Paypal only. FYI - I did purchase a SIM card/ air time with All Road SAT and they provided excellent service. Prices for SIM cards should be listed on their website. Please take a look.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sat Phone close up.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	446.4 KB
ID:	193929   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sat Phone Manual.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	423.0 KB
ID:	193930  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Sat Phone parts.jpg