Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-01-2014, 07:15   #1

Boat: Fountaine Pajot, Fidji, 42
pirate Turn Key Cat in St. Maarten

Modern Catamaran for $150,000

The boat was first owned by Pajot of Fountaine Pajot, which is why it has stainless steel water and fuel tanks. It was designed and built to be a fast boat prior to the four cabins, four heads requirements of the charter industry. As the second owner I added a fiberglass arch and extended the transoms increasing the boat length from 39 to 42 ft. The added length at the waterline increased boat speed sail and the large steps made boarding much easier. The arch allows the dinghy to be lifted high out of the water and tilted if necessary to protect it from following seas.
It has two large singles forward and two doubles aft plus a head on the port side plus a nav. station and smaller head on the starboard side. The cabin has two entrance doors on either side of the galley. The galley has three-burner propane stove and a propane refrigerator and a two tub stainless sink. There are cabinets above and below the countertop. Across from the galley is a seating area and table that could seat up to eight people. The center support for the table contains a large storage area and there is a useful shelf behind the seat cushions.
There are seven winches and one anchor windlass. The primary anchor is a 45 lb. stainless steel CQR type on about 160 feet of 10 mm. chain plus two additional anchors at 35 lb. and 25 lb. There is about 110 ft. of anchor line and chain for the spare anchor. Fishing gear amounts to two trolling rods and two aft railing mounts, a couple of small spin casting rods, and a tackle box. The barbecue is 17 by 12 in. connected to a 20 lb. propane tank. Included is a recently purchased 9 ft Caribe hard bottom dinghy and two outboard motors, one 8 hp. Yamaha and a 3.3 hp. Marina.
It has a 12 v. electrical systems with two battery banks and three inverters, 1,500 watt, 400 watt, and 175 watt. The large control panel has 29 circuit breakers, two analog ammeters and a digital voltmeter. Connecting to shore power is through a 40 amp. 110 v. battery charger. If only 220/240 v. is available, there is a 2,000 watt, 240/110 v transformer that can bring it down. The six gallon hot water heater draws heat from the starboard engine or can run off 110 v. shore power. The electric windlass can be operated from the foredeck switch or the switch by the engine controls.
The electronic equipment consists of a Raymarine smart pilot with a rudder transducer, an Advansea depth sounder, an Advansea wind angle and speed instrument, a Koden high-definition radar, an ICOM SSB radio receiver, a Garmin 126 gps, a HP 6230 computer, a Uniden 25 watt VHF, and a Uniden 5 watt handheld VHF. They have either been installed recently or have spares for backup. For example, there is a spare radome and radar display unit.
I replaced the original two cylinder Volvo Penta 2002 diesels with three cylinder Volvo Perkins MD2020 C and D engines. These are much smoother running and seem to require less fuel than the older models. The sail drives have been well maintained over the years and there is a complete sail drive spare on board, plus an alternator and a new starter motor.
The mooring Cochi is on is included if wanted. There’s also an air compressor and spray gun, a 110 volt vacuum cleaner (no replaceable bags needed), a Seatec six-speed aluminum folding bicycle, a 12 volt auto stereo/CD player driving four speakers, a Minolta 7 x 35w binoculars, a Motorola unlocked four band international cell phone, and three notebook computers.
As I live on the boat, I can spend time with the new owner going over everything from maintenance to sailing with an oversize jib. When the boat is sold I'll be taking only the personal items that I can fly out with.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CAT2~1.JPG
Views:	377
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	74268  
Old 20-01-2014, 05:25   #2

Boat: Fountaine Pajot, Fidji, 42
Re: Turn Key Cat in St. Maarten

Turn Key Cat in St. Maarten, N.A.

Modern Catamaran for $150,000

The boat was first owned by Pajot of Fountaine Pajot, which is why it has stainless steel water and fuel tanks. It was designed and built to be a fast boat prior to the four cabins, four heads requirements of the charter industry. As the second owner I added a fiberglass arch and extended the transoms increasing the boat length from 39 to 42 ft. The added length at the waterline increased boat speed sail and the large steps made boarding much easier. The arch allows the dinghy to be lifted high out of the water and tilted if necessary to protect it from following seas.
It has two large singles forward and two doubles aft plus a head on the port side plus a nav. station and smaller head on the starboard side. The cabin has two entrance doors on either side of the galley. The galley has three-burner propane stove and a propane refrigerator and a two tub stainless sink. There are cabinets above and below the countertop. Across from the galley is a seating area and table that could seat up to eight people. The center support for the table contains a large storage area and there is a useful shelf behind the seat cushions.
There are seven winches and one anchor windlass. The primary anchor is a 45 lb. stainless steel CQR type on about 160 feet of 10 mm. chain plus two additional anchors at 35 lb. and 25 lb. There is about 110 ft. of anchor line and chain for the spare anchor. Fishing gear amounts to two trolling rods and two aft railing mounts, a couple of small spin casting rods, and a tackle box. The barbecue is 17 by 12 in. connected to a 20 lb. propane tank. Included is a recently purchased 9 ft Caribe hard bottom dinghy and two outboard motors, one 8 hp. Yamaha and a 3.3 hp. Marina.
It has a 12 v. electrical systems with two battery banks and three inverters, 1,500 watt, 400 watt, and 175 watt. The large control panel has 29 circuit breakers, two analog ammeters and a digital voltmeter. Connecting to shore power is through a 40 amp. 110 v. battery charger. If only 220/240 v. is available, there is a 2,000 watt, 240/110 v transformer that can bring it down. The six gallon hot water heater draws heat from the starboard engine or can run off 110 v. shore power. The electric windlass can be operated from the foredeck switch or the switch by the engine controls.
The electronic equipment consists of a Raymarine smart pilot with a rudder transducer, an Advansea depth sounder, an Advansea wind angle and speed instrument, a Koden high-definition radar, an ICOM SSB radio receiver, a Garmin 126 gps, a HP 6230 computer, a Uniden 25 watt VHF, and a Uniden 5 watt handheld VHF. They have either been installed recently or have spares for backup. For example, there is a spare radome and radar display unit.
I replaced the original two cylinder Volvo Penta 2002 diesels with three cylinder Volvo Perkins MD2020 C and D engines. These are much smoother running and seem to require less fuel than the older models. The sail drives have been well maintained over the years and there is a complete sail drive spare on board, plus an alternator and a new starter motor.
The mooring Cochi is on is included if wanted. There’s also an air compressor and spray gun, a 110 volt vacuum cleaner (no replaceable bags needed), a Seatec six-speed aluminum folding bicycle, a 12 volt auto stereo/CD player driving four speakers, a Minolta 7 x 35w binoculars, a Motorola unlocked four band international cell phone, and three notebook computers.
As I live on the boat, I can spend time with the new owner going over everything from maintenance to sailing with an oversize jib. When the boat is sold I'll be taking only the personal items that I can fly out with.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Interior Pictures 003 (800x600) (2).jpg
Views:	268
Size:	243.9 KB
ID:	74330   Click image for larger version

Name:	Interior Pictures (800x600) (800x600).jpg
Views:	271
Size:	286.7 KB
ID:	74331  

Name:	Interior Pictures 006 (800x600).jpg