Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > General Classifieds (no boats)
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-10-2016, 11:32   #1

Boat: Freedom 40
Sailrite Sailmaker Zigzag HD Sewing Machine Brother TZ1-B652 Portable Wood Case

Photos at https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...zQ?usp=sharing

This is an almost as-new machine, tuned, timed, lubed. Oak wood protective storage case and extensive parts. Will run on 12V DC directly and on 120AC with the included transformer, or by hand with the included crank and monster wheel. Does straight stitch and extra wide (1.2cm) zig zag (this is why I bought it). Can sew leather, sail cloth, canvas, and delicate fabrics such as spinnaker cloth by changing out the foot, threat plate, dog, and springs, which all come with the machine. Since it is an industrial Brother machine, parts for the base machine are commonly available, modifications are still supported by Sailrite.

This is a larger machine with a greater throat that predates the current Ultrafeed. Sailrite replaced it with the Ultrafeed because the latter was a less expensive machine. These cost in excess of $1500 when new. It will fit on a standard industrial sewing table but is fully portable and will work on a sailboat. Shipping weight will be in excess of 70lbs, two package, insured. Firm on price of $675, excluding shipping or $650 if pick up from 94804.

Some select info about the machine on the Web:
Manuals:
Guidebook for Sailmaker Sewing Machine (PDF) - Sailrite
http://www.brother-usa.com/VirData/C...52_EN_2587.PDF

The Sailrite original video:

Discussions:
Cruisers & Sailing Forums - Taming a Sailrite Sailmaker Industrial Sewing Machine
Brother TZ1-B651 - Sailrite Forum
Old 22-10-2016, 15:03   #2

Boat: Cheoy Lee Clipper 42 schooner
Re: Sailrite Sailmaker Zigzag HD Sewing Machine Brother TZ1-B652 Portable Wood Case

PM sent.
Old 22-10-2016, 16:15   #3

Re: Sailrite Sailmaker Zigzag HD Sewing Machine Brother TZ1-B652 Portable Wood Case

Tentatively sold to Roger.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Old 23-10-2016, 06:31   #4

Interested if sale falls though.
Old 23-10-2016, 10:04   #5

Boat: Beneteau 38 Nordlund 72, Marquess 55, Jenneau 49

Also interested if sale falls through. My son is in SFO so he could pick up. Thanks
Old 25-10-2016, 09:53   #6

Boat: Cheoy Lee Clipper 42 schooner

Erik:
I deeply regret your decision not to sell us the sewing machine, as agreed to initially. IMHO, a few emails back and forth isn't getting things that complicated. My guess is that you just decided to take the easy path and deliver it to someone locally. You offered the machine for sale, we accepted and sent you the money, yet yu reneged on the sale. Definitely not the way I'm used to doing business on CF.
Roger Noble
Old 25-10-2016, 11:50   #7

I would like this.
Old 25-10-2016, 11:54   #8

Wait is this still for sale? It looks like you sold it to someone else but they said you backed out?
Old 25-10-2016, 12:02   #9

Just read through the thread again. Forget it. Not buying from someone who makes a deal, refuses payment because they won't spend a little time figuring out shipping. I don't agree that you took the easy way out. If I had to guess someone offered you more $ and you took the dishonorable way out. What an introduction to the forum.
Old 25-10-2016, 14:31   #10

Sorry about this drama folks! Yes, there was a fair amount of back and forth on shipping, and rogern and NastyWoman (hmmmm - new member, three posts, all here) are correct, I backed out of the sale Monday eve when over two days with multiple communications we could not come to an agreement about the shipping. I think I learned some lessons, but I also think I was pretty patient and pretty nice about the whole thing.

There is again a pending sale, if it doesn't go through I'll work my way down the list as it is proper. Enough said.
Old 25-10-2016, 15:46   #11

And just to be clear. Rogern sent the money after I had clearly canceled the sale, and it was immediately returned at my expense.

Tags
rot, sail, sailmaker, sailrite, sewing machine