Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-04-2013, 17:09   #1

Boat: 1988 Wilbur 34
SAAB R4 AIS CLASS A TRANSPONDER

Offered for sale is one Saab R4 Class A AIS Transponder. This is a commercial product, operates on 24 volts and is IMO compliant for SOLAS class ships.

Please note that what is offered is the transponder only; not the complete system. To complete the system, at a minimum one would also need a VHF antenna, preferably appropriate to the transponder, cabling, a GPS antenna and a display or computer interface.

I've had a Saab system like this installed on my sailboat for about a year and a half and it has been great. With the GPS and VHF antennas installed only at pushpit elevation, I've received signals from ships more than sixty miles distant.

To solve the 24 volt problem I purchased a 12 to 24 volt transformer for about 85 dollars on the internet.

This AIS transponder is located in the Daytona Beach, Florida area and is offered at an asking price of $500.00.
Old 10-05-2013, 07:46   #2

Re: SAAB R4 AIS CLASS A TRANSPONDER

Dear.
Still offering this transponder?
I have interest on that...
Old 10-05-2013, 11:27   #3

Boat: 1988 Wilbur 34

Yes, it is available.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:30   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seighlor View Post
Offered for sale is one Saab R4 Class A AIS Transponder. This is a commercial product, operates on 24 volts and is IMO compliant for SOLAS class ships.

Please note that what is offered is the transponder only; not the complete system. To complete the system, at a minimum one would also need a VHF antenna, preferably appropriate to the transponder, cabling, a GPS antenna and a display or computer interface.

I've had a Saab system like this installed on my sailboat for about a year and a half and it has been great. With the GPS and VHF antennas installed only at pushpit elevation, I've received signals from ships more than sixty miles distant.

To solve the 24 volt problem I purchased a 12 to 24 volt transformer for about 85 dollars on the internet.

This AIS transponder is located in the Daytona Beach, Florida area and is offered at an asking price of $500.00.
Good day,

If the SAAB R4 AIS Transponder is still available we are interested. We would like to arrange for overnight delivery UPS Next Day Air (RED) using our UPS Acct.#.
Unit can be shipped COD or we can arrange a wire transfer or credit card. Please advise if you can arrange to ship the unit tomorrow Monday, June 2nd. You can email or call my mobile phone: 1 415 412 2749 for confirmation. Thanks for your help.

Paul Hibbert
phibbert@aol.com

Tags
ais