Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-01-2013, 11:29   #1

S2 9.2A

FOR SALE……S2 9.2A …..Hull Number……..SSU 30 300M80F
LOA………29’ 11”…… LWL 25…..’ Beam……..10’ 3 “…… Weight 9800LBS…..
Draft ….4’11”……Air Draft 43’6”
Engine….. Yanmar 2QM 15
S2 boats are known for build quality and sailing ability….we have cruised extensively in this boat and as perfect as it is for a couple….with two young girls …it is now just a wee bit too small…….this boat has cruised the Great Lakes, East Coast, Gulf of Mexico, 2x on the Loop, Bahamas, 5 Gulf Stream Crossings in comfort and safety Boat is in Fine condition and ready to go…….comes with everything you may need …lots of paper charts etc…… you need only top off fuel and water and go.
Recent upgrades include:
* Standing Rigging………new 2008
* Yanmar 2QM15 Engine rebuilt………done right! 100 hours All receipts…even replace front seal in the Gear while they were separated though it never leaked……July 2012
* 4 New motor mounts 2010
* Main sail…..Brand new Sept 2012………Atlantic Sail Traders custom off shore sail……2 reefs , Full Battens etc.
* Fuel Tank…….New Moeller 12 gallon Fuel tank…..new ss diesel fuel deck fill and new fill and feed hoses, brand new fuel water separator.
* Steering…….Edson Pedestal was removed. New custom tiller with Jefa rudder bearing, top bearing plate…..more reliable and easier to fit for auto pilot ( if you have a preference for a wheel no worries the original $4500 Edson steering system comes with the boat and is an easy install back to wheel. This is the best thing I have done with the boat tons of cockpit space at anchor, more reliable and better feel.
* New Teleflex more steering and shift cables with New Teleflex Morse shift /throttle….summer 2012
* New summer 2012…….aqualoy 22 1” drive shaft, New split shaft coupler, drive saver flexible coupling, new PSS shaft seal, with spare Seal as well
* Brand new in fall 2012 Ritchie bulkhead mount compass with back light and switch
*Fridge unit…..$1100 Alder barbour fridge with larger Evaporator…..BRAND NEW…..Oct 2012 and additional insulation added to box and Lids
* New Bronze engine water strainer
* 2 New Fire extinguishers and signal kit recent and within dates
* New 2009 Worthington aluminum 6 pound propane tank
* mast repainted in 2008

Boat also comes with:
All sails in Good /serviceable condition……storm jib excellentthe main as I said is BRAND NEW 2 month ago.
* Kent sails….170% Genoa….6.2 oz Dacron
* Kent sails ……155% Genoa 5.4 ounce….with reef to 135%....GREAT sail!
* North sails ….100% Jib….8oz Dacron
* US sails Storm Jib 10oz Dacron …..like new though it has seen some use…..
* Spinnnaker……3/4 oz nylon no rips….good, we use it regularly
* Kent Asymmetric Spinnaker….great sail……3/4oz nylon
* 2 main sail covers
* Rowing Dinghy Dyer midget copy….has served us very well…….tough easy to row……comes with tiller/rudder, masts etc….you will need to add a sail and dagger boards…conversion to sail …is not complete ……..comes with new oars and a serviceable older set.
* 2 60 watt solar panels….2009
* Icom 302 VHF radio new 2006
* Sony Cd/AM/FM deck with Blaupunkt speaker in Cabin
* Anchors……22 pound Delta Bower anchor…….11 pound Danforth Kedge anchor…….22 Pound Danforth……22 pound Bruce anchor……..Dinghy anchor
* Boat has 2 Garmin Gps units a 540 color chart plotter loaded with entire US and Carribean charts….and a Garmin 168 B/w unit with external ant.
*TWO…..Spare hand bilge pumps in addition to the Rule 1500 hooked to a control panel with high water bilge alarm
* TONS of spare parts……too much to list……….

Pictures here : Sailing Vessel "Francis Lee"
Old 21-02-2013, 06:44   #2

Re: S2 9.2A

Have you got an asking price for your sailboat?
Old 21-02-2013, 10:18   #3

Hi yes,
as i havent yet listed the boat with a broker this price is $15,000 firm.
I am heading to spain for a month in April and then on to south of France for about a month for yacht refits. I will at that time be listing it and i am sure it will go up then to pay for their fees. For a loaded S2 9.2A this is as good as it gets, sureit wont last long....right now i have lots of tire kickers no one seems to have $$$$....but still dont mind wasting peoples time "looking".......if you are serious i would love to talk to you......
Thanks a bunch
Rob
Old 21-02-2013, 13:49   #4

Where is she located?
Old 21-02-2013, 15:01   #5

Hi,
she has just been put on the hard 2 weeks ago in Port Charlotte Florida.....which unless you are on the west coast is ideal as you are a day or two from the keys....and are just north of Ft meyers so if you need to bring her over to the east coast you can take the waterway over to port st lucie.....she will have no problems with air or water draft.....of course the marina is easy access to truck her out as well
Rob
Old 13-03-2013, 22:05   #6

Boat: Irwin 30
Send a message via Skype™ to mrlee

Hi. Can you please send me more pix. I am seriously interested in your boat. Your ad was one of the best I have seen so there isn't too much I am in doubt of! I just want to see it...Please send the pix and we'll talk!
You can send them to me at contempeng at the hot mail place
Old 14-03-2013, 09:52   #7

I sent you an email there......if you didnt get it let me know......thanks robert.....svfrancislee...........at ya....... hoo