Cruisers Forum
 


Join CruisersForum Today

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-10-2017, 15:51   #16
Registered User

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Surrey, B.C. Canada
Boat: Passage 24/30 Cutter
Posts: 469
Re: Propane Dickson cabin heater

O no! ..... not HIM again .......... Is Alberg30 shill a TROLL? or maybe just a keyboard warrior? (s)he sounds more like a nagging wife ...

BTW ... you're the only one arguing.
__________________

__________________
Sailorbob8599 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2017, 22:52   #17
Registered User

Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 166
Re: Propane Dickson cabin heater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailorbob8599 View Post
O no! ..... not HIM again .......... Is Alberg30 shill a TROLL? or maybe just a keyboard warrior? (s)he sounds more like a nagging wife ...

BTW ... you're the only one arguing.
No, neither. Why not respond to the substance of my point regarding relative safety of various fuels rather than name calling? My initial response was surprise about the huge difference in BTU's between the two Dickinson Newports. I still think with both installed and maintained perfectly, they are not equally safe. Still waiting for a logical explanation for why that's not true but open minded about being wrong.
__________________

__________________
Alberg30Shill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2017, 12:17   #18
Registered User
 
captain465's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Ft Lauderdale, FL
Boat: 38ft Irwin center cockpit sloop MERIDIAN
Posts: 621
Re: Propane Dickson cabin heater

Alberg30shill,
Wondering why you decided to turn a for sale ad into a diatribe regarding the pros and cons of fuels?
It was really juvenile of you to comment on how unsafe YOU feel about propane use on a boat, possibly killing my sale of the heater. If you want to discuss the relative pros and cons of different fuels, start your own thread about it.
The buyer wanted a propane heater, so he likely knows about how to handle propane installations properly.

I will take note of your screen name, and give my comments about whatever it is that you would like to sell in the future.

__________________
Do not go where the path may lead.........
go instead where there is no path........
and leave a trail.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
captain465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2017, 15:04   #19
Registered User

Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 166
Re: Propane Dickson cabin heater

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain465 View Post
Alberg30shill,
Wondering why you decided to turn a for sale ad into a diatribe regarding the pros and cons of fuels?
It was really juvenile of you to comment on how unsafe YOU feel about propane use on a boat, possibly killing my sale of the heater. If you want to discuss the relative pros and cons of different fuels, start your own thread about it.
The buyer wanted a propane heater, so he likely knows about how to handle propane installations properly.

I will take note of your screen name, and give my comments about whatever it is that you would like to sell in the future.

You accuse me of being juvenile and go on to threaten to sabotage an unrelated future post for revenge? Threatening me is never a good tactic. Your item is sold so I don't see your problem. Step back.

An apology would be appropriate and appreciated but not expected.

Peace.
__________________
Alberg30Shill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 14:43   #20
Senior Cruiser
 
Opie91's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: CT
Boat: C&C 34
Posts: 811
Re: Propane Dickson cabin heater

I might be interested in this very dangerous product

PM sent
__________________
Opie91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 20:54   #21
Registered User

Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 166
Re: Propane Dickson cabin heater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opie91 View Post
I might be interested in this very dangerous product

PM sent
I'm sure it will give you years of safe reliable heating. I simply observed the big difference in BTU's between the two fuels, and contradicted a statement claiming they were EQUALLY safe all things being equal (installation/maintenance) which is not true.
__________________
Alberg30Shill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 22:10   #22
Registered User

Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Kansas City
Boat: Parker Dawson 26
Posts: 43
Re: Propane Dickson cabin heater

As someone who also eschews propane in favor of safer fuels I feel particularly qualified to say:

Put a sock in it Alberg30Shill, nobody wants to hear you whining about propane in the middle of a for sale thread. If you want to bitch about your propane conspiracy go start your own thread to do so that way we can ignore you easier.
__________________
Aswayze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 23:00   #23
Registered User

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Surrey, B.C. Canada
Boat: Passage 24/30 Cutter
Posts: 469
Re: Propane Dickson cabin heater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberg30Shill View Post
I'm sure it will give you years of safe reliable heating. I simply observed the big difference in BTU's between the two fuels, and contradicted a statement claiming they were EQUALLY safe all things being equal (installation/maintenance) which is not true.
Alberg; this running argument you are having (with yourself) over which heater is safest is totally infantile and stupid because, according to Dickinson (whose company store is just 4 short blocks from my home) tell me it is not reflected in their sales numbers. In fact, sales of propane heaters far exceed the number of diesel heaters; same goes for propane stoves and BBQ's, which effectively belies your personal opinion.

I very much doubt thousands of boat owners would favour a product in such numbers, were it considered to be as "dangerous" as you claim. Furthermore, it is painfully obvious you love to argue in a futile attempt to establish your line of thought as being 'factual' when nothing could be further from the truth and, in so doing, refusing to accept a majority of people do not share your opinion ... one that you have stated a number of times in this thread. The forum accepts you are entitled to your (own) opinion, no matter how wrong you might be. After all, using your logic, just about anything used on a boat can be considered dangerous and should not be used.

Please don't bother responding as your argument has become both tedious, and boring.
__________________
Sailorbob8599 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 15:52   #24
Registered User

Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 166
Re: Propane Dickson cabin heater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailorbob8599 View Post
Alberg; this running argument you are having (with yourself) over which heater is safest is totally infantile and stupid because, according to Dickinson (whose company store is just 4 short blocks from my home) tell me it is not reflected in their sales numbers. In fact, sales of propane heaters far exceed the number of diesel heaters; same goes for propane stoves and BBQ's, which effectively belies your personal opinion.

I very much doubt thousands of boat owners would favour a product in such numbers, were it considered to be as "dangerous" as you claim. Furthermore, it is painfully obvious you love to argue in a futile attempt to establish your line of thought as being 'factual' when nothing could be further from the truth and, in so doing, refusing to accept a majority of people do not share your opinion ... one that you have stated a number of times in this thread. The forum accepts you are entitled to your (own) opinion, no matter how wrong you might be. After all, using your logic, just about anything used on a boat can be considered dangerous and should not be used.

Please don't bother responding as your argument has become both tedious, and boring.
You just totally misrepresented my position and statements and then told me not to reply because you already understand my position. Clearly you don't.

To repeat...

I simply observed the big difference in BTU's between the two fuels, and contradicted a statement claiming they were EQUALLY safe all things being equal (installation/maintenance) which is not true.

Which of those two facts are you objecting to?
__________________
Alberg30Shill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 20:22   #25
Registered User

Join Date: May 2014
Location: Al
Boat: 1981 51' Formosa
Posts: 183
Re: Propane Dickson cabin heater

I am going to guess Alberg30Shill and Boatguy30 are one in the same.
__________________
Formosa Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2017, 19:38   #26
Registered User
 
captain465's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Ft Lauderdale, FL
Boat: 38ft Irwin center cockpit sloop MERIDIAN
Posts: 621
Re: Propane Dickson cabin heater

Sold, Thanks to all for your interest!
__________________

__________________
Do not go where the path may lead.........
go instead where there is no path........
and leave a trail.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
captain465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cabin, propane

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crew Wanted: Malaysia, Langkawi - Port Dickson CaptShaggy Crew Positions: Wanted & Available 2 15-12-2016 02:36
For Sale: Bristol/Dickson diesel oven/Cheap multihuler Classifieds Archive 0 17-03-2014 17:48
For Sale or Trade: Bristol by Dickson diesel oven,never installed less than half $ multihuler Classifieds Archive 2 14-10-2013 09:09
For Sale: Cozy Cabin Heater ( Propane ) DCGSAILING Classifieds Archive 7 19-01-2011 19:12
For Sale: Force 10 Propane Cabin Heater (Bulkhead Mount) svOhana Classifieds Archive 0 09-12-2010 23:52



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 15:24.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.