Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-11-2013, 10:44   #1

Boat: Morgan Nelson / Marek 36
Morgan Nelson Marek 36

$ 32000.00 Very clean. Sleeps six in three cabins. Many extra sails, 42" wheel, autopilot, Raymarine E80 GPS chartplotter, w/ AIS receiver, windlass, newer canvas - sail cover, pedestal cover, companion way cover, Harken furler, removable bowsprit with asymmetrical spinnaker on Selden continuous line furler. M25 diesel, new heat exchanger, new water pump, all new fresh and salt water cooling hoses and new glow plugs in 2011. 12 volt refrigeration, two burner propane stove / oven w/ remote shutoff and sensor, stereo, newer 50 amp. Promariner three bank charger, new 2011 Edson angled pedestal guard. 2011 Magma grill. Set up for fast coastal cruising.

Great quick cruising boat, with two 66 gallon water tanks and two 44 gallon diesel tanks, 15 gallon holding tank with macerator discharge pump and deck pump out - all new hoses, new head pump, new macerator pump - bullet proof install. 12V refrigerator draws next to no power, will run three days without re-charge on batteries. new battery monitor system. Raymarine E80
chartplotter in 2011, AIS receiver added in 2012, with new GPS antenna - tied to VHF for AIS.

All new running rigging in 2011, including all halyards, genoa sheets, main sheet, traveler, genoa travelers, topping lift, boom vang. New Spinlock rope clutches, all eight of the self tailing winches were disacssembled, cleaned and lubricated all work excellent. The mast was pulled and painted 2011, complete new bottom 2011, Newer 150 genoa, sail away condition, needs nothing right now, could leave for island trip this morning, includes almost full tank of diesel.

My family and I have spent many long weekends at the islands, nice to have ice after a long day of hiking, and cooking fish on the new 2011 Magma grill. Ask any questions I am looking to purchase another boat so this one must go soon.

Other features: Navtec hydraulic backstay adjuster - cylinder and pump rebuilt April 2013 , Raymarine st50 autopilot, 110 V. water heater, 12V windlass w/ 80 feet chain and 300 feet line. Items to be installed at boat haul out for survey, new Raymarine ST 60 tridata thruhull, receiver installed and wiring run just needs thru hull, and brand new PSS dripless shaft seal.

I do have several racing main and jib sails, mylar, including all the battens, I have not used these sails as the dacron on the boat work great for me.

More pics at Flickr flickr.com/photos/94151997@N03/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpeg
Views:	266
Size:	105.4 KB
ID:	70415   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpeg
Views:	255
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	70416  

Name:	3.jpeg
Views:	260
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	70417   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpeg
Views:	271
Size:	101.7 KB
ID:	70418  

Name:	5.jpeg
Views:	268
Size:	112.8 KB
ID:	70419   Click image for larger version

Name:	6.jpeg
Views:	271
Size:	106.0 KB
ID:	70420  

Old 14-11-2013, 11:52   #2

Re: Morgan Nelson Marek 36

The sailboat is located in Channel Islands Harbor, Ventura County, California
Old 21-11-2013, 18:35   #3

Open to offers and trades, would like to sell before end of December
Old 09-12-2013, 19:49   #4

Boat: Hughs 38

Hi,

After my questions it will be obvious, I'm a newbie. Anyway, here goes.

How difficult is it to move this boat to the east? Is it easier to sail it to the east? That's a vague question but even so what I'm trying to get at is I would need the boat east somehow and if you knew the logistics some insight would be useful.

Is there anything wrong with the boat that you as an experienced sailor would point out to a newbie as too much to take on.

Wow, even I'm amazed at these questions. Any help would be good though. Thanks.
Old 09-12-2013, 20:20   #5

Its much cheaper and easier to truck it to the east
Old 10-12-2013, 06:52   #6

Having shipped a boat from Florida to the west coast, on its own bottom I'll agree with robert sailor - the trucking idea is by far the easiest and cheapest. However if you are proficient at sailing, have the time, and want the adventure / bragging rights sailing is a lot of all of those - definitely not for a newbie...
Old 10-12-2013, 06:58   #7

To answer the question about anything wrong that I would point out to a newbie, this boat is relatively light and carries a lot of sail as such it is pretty tender, great in light winds but can be a lot to handle in moderate to heavy breezes - not a great starter boat, but I have taught others to sail on it. Thanks for looking.
Old 10-12-2013, 07:29   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 48 Wauquiez Pilot Saloon

Lot of boat for the money.... I think you have it priced very well with the fitted inventory....

Mai Tai's fix everything...

Tags
morgan