Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-12-2016, 14:40   #1
Marine Service Provider

Boat: 1965 Cal 30
Marine Fiberglass Composite Construction Foam Board

Gurit Cross-Linked PVC:

4x8 sheets ranging from 1/2" to 2" with prices ranging from $55. to $150. Will cut down to sizes you need to minimize shipping costs. As much or as little as you need for your project. Can pick up here in West Michigan if you need full sheet sizes or I will deliver at negotiated pricing.

Data Sheet

Gurit Core Cell M80:

4x8 sheets in 6mm ($60.) or 21mm $80. Will cut down to sizes you need to minimize shipping costs. As much or as little as you need for your project. Can pick up here in West Michigan if you need full sheet sizes or I will deliver at negotiated pricing.

Data Sheet

Please contact me with your needs and I'll work up a package price. This is all New, Old Stock and I have excess beyond my project needs. Save 60% to 80% over retail pricing. Limited sizes and quantities.

616-304-2345
CaptainMurph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 09:46   #2

Boat: Bristol 45.5
Re: Marine Fiberglass Composite Construction Foam Board

Wow I could of used some of this stuff when I was building my boxes for my fridge and freezer !

Regards
ColdEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 17:56   #3

Boat: Down East 45 Brigantine schooner

It would be helpful to see some pictures of this board. There are non on the companies website.
How is it regarding insect intrusion? Ants, termites, roaches, etc.
Could it be said to be a substitute for marine plywood?
Old 10-12-2016, 11:25   #4
Marine Service Provider

Boat: 1965 Cal 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Roger View Post
It would be helpful to see some pictures of this board. There are non on the companies website.
How is it regarding insect intrusion? Ants, termites, roaches, etc.
Could it be said to be a substitute for marine plywood?
While I can't find specific references to insect intrusion capabilities, I'd say that, due to the nature of the foam's construction and its relative impervious nature with respect to water, insects would not present a problem. This may mostly be due to a lack of a grain structure (cellular structure in wood) that would prevent water damage.

Yes, it can certainly be used in place of marine plywood. As an example, if I were building this structure with marine ply, I'd likely use 1/2". Instead, I'm using 21mm Core Cell M80 with a triaxial layer of glass on either side. By the time it is done, it will likely weigh in at less than 60 pounds. See this project at: Cal 25 Looper Boat Project: Build A Hard Dodger, Cabin Extension, Pilothouse - Getting Started With The Cabin Extension It might be helpful to read the second article on the framing as well here: Cal 25 Looper Boat Project: Build A Hard Dodger, Cabin Extension, Pilothouse - Preparing For Roof Installation
CaptainMurph is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fiberglass, marine