Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-04-2018, 17:01   #1

Boat: 2010 Andrews 28
Main Sail

This is a high quality Custom Axis Laminate (CAL) main manufactured by the China Sail Factory for Island Planet Sails. (The CSF does not sell direct. It only sells to sailmakers and supplies the vast majority of sailmakers with their products.) Made with Vectran fibers, 2 reefs, two full top battens and 3 partial battens for enhanced main sail shaping and control, cunningham, trim stripes, tappered battens, gossamer (lighter weight) taffeta and Alslip mast slides. CAL is a membrane sail that incorporates multi directional fiber to address the loads in cruising and club racing. Sail is in VG condition, fresh water use only, and available for $1750 plus shipping. If you are interested in this quality, lightly used main, please send me a PM with any questions. If you provide your email address I can send pics.
Thanks.
LU 47'; LE 49'9"; FT 16'9"
silversailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 17:41   #2

Re: Main Sail

I'm not sure why this quality Main is not attracting more interest. It was over $4000 new and is in VG condition. Great shape and an excellent cruise/race Main. Let me know if you need pics.
Thanks.
Old 11-05-2018, 05:16   #3
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Woods Vardo 34 Cat

You’re probably going to be better off donating it somewhere or maybe try Ebay. These types of sails are very hard to sell.
Old 26-05-2018, 09:47   #4

Boatguy, For the right sailor/boat this main sail is perfect. I was initially a cruiser only. When I began to do some racing I wanted a little more power in my main. This sail provided it. It's perfect for the cruiser who does some club and distance racing or the cruiser looking for a little more performance to be able to add some additional miles to those long days under sail.

Tags
sail