Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > General Classifieds (no boats)
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 31-05-2017, 15:55   #31

Boat: Robertsen & Caine Leopard 45
Re: Lots of great Sailing & Cruising Gear

Wow looks like Cruisers Forum is a good place to sell stuff!
rdomaleski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2017, 16:27   #32

Boat: Hudson Force 50 Center Cockpit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailorbob8599 View Post
WOW! That was fast! Although this is not the first time I've seen things advertised for sale on the forum, this sale was amazingly successful.

I'm further amazed CF tolerates 'sale of gear' on the general forum but I must say it proved to be very successful for the seller. But don't get me wrong; I'm not complaining, i want to participate in something this successful because I too have a lot of 'stuff' I would like to sell so my question is . . . "Should I, or can I, advertise it here on the forum as opposed to the Classifieds section?"
I'd be interested to hear opinions of forum members. I want to sell my gear, but not at the risk of pissing off those who post here. What say you Moderators?

This was good stuff at good prices. All will go fast.

I don't understand about this not being in the "classifieds section" as that is where it shows up on my computer. Maybe it started out somewhere else and got moved by the Mods?

If your concern is that there is not "one item per post" for sale and that the title was generic "sailing gear" I understand that too, it's just not practical when one person has so much to sell to make a post for each item. The seller did provide pictures, price and info for each item so I think he filled all the requirements. But the things I wanted were already sold by the time I saw this, so I'm sure there was a law broken somewhere.

Looking forward to seeing what you have to offer.

Congrats Will on a successful sale!
Wind River is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2017, 16:34   #33

Boat: 1974 Westsail 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind River View Post

I don't understand about this not being in the "classifieds section" as that is where it shows up on my computer. Maybe it started out somewhere else and got moved by the Mods?

If your concern is that there is not "one item per post" for sale and that the title was generic "sailing gear" I understand that too, it's just not practical when one person has so much to sell to make a post for each item. The seller did provide pictures, price and info for each item so I think he filled all the requirements. But the things I wanted were already sold by the time I saw this, so I'm sure there was a law broken somewhere.

Thanks very much. I think this is the Classified Section.....
westsailwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2017, 18:37   #34

Boat: 1974 Westsail 32

1) Fluke Multimeter (SOLD)
2) Penn Senator reel (SOLD)
3) Davis Sextant (SOLD)
4) Mustang PFD (SOLD)
5) West Marine PFD (SOLD)
6) Rigging Tension Adjustor (SOLD)
7) Weatherfax 2000 (SOLD)
8) B&D Pivot Vac (SOLD)
9) Weems & Plath Lamp (SOLD)
10) Champion Juicer-still available
11) Acer Monitor-still available
12) Sailboat Music Box (SOLD)
westsailwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 23:56   #35

Boat: Passage 24/30 Cutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind River View Post

WindRiver, i suspect you are probably correct. It like as not did start in the Classified section and was moved to the general forum area by mods. I never thought of that previously; But then maybe many more discussions start out under another classification and are moved by mods. That would account for why everything I read here almost always has numerous responses, frequently running to many p[ages, prior to my reading the original discussion . . . and I read this forum first thing almost every morning. But, being 3 hours behind eastern, I've always considered that as being the reason.
I guess I should post my gear in the classified section then. Unfortunately, I live north of the 49th so I doubt US sailors will buy my surplus equipment due to shipping costs. But I just might try and see what happens.
Sailorbob8599 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2017, 19:13   #36

Location: Boat currently for sale in Oriental, North Carolina
Boat: Nauticat NC36 36'

Quote:
Originally Posted by maine50 View Post
I'll take the weather fax 2000. Please PM me - I can use Paypal.--Thanks--Tim
If for some reason maine50 doesn't take the Weatherfax let me know, I'll be next in line.

Al, S/V Finlandia

Tags
cruising, gear, sail, sailing