Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > General Classifieds (no boats)
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-05-2017, 10:06   #1

Looking for live aboard accommodations.

Hi there,

I am looking for some advice on living aboard in the Vancouver area. My work has been moved to Vancouver and I will be looking to commute to Vancouver weekly for blocks of shift work. I was dreaming that I would be able to buy a boat and live aboard in Vancouver... but my plan has not gone as smoothly as hoped as I haven't found the right boat yet and moorage is difficult to find.

So plan B... I am hoping I can find someone looking to rent out there liveaboard for the summer months. I would only be looking for something four days a week, hopefully in exchange for the cost of moorage.

I am also looking for advice on living aboard. I haven't been able to find any marina accepting boats in the Vancouver area, so anyone with incite on this would be helpful. Also looking to learn the realistic costs of living aboard on your own sailboat (power, water etc).

Thanks for any advice you can provide!
DogWatch7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2017, 10:21   #2

Boat: modified Spray 56' oa
Re: Looking for live aboard accommodations.

Easy to anchor for free just to the west of the Maritime Museum. Must be pretty popular because many drag onto the breakwater with every westerly .
topmast is offline   Reply With Quote